Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Petition seeks to change the National Anthem
Okay, I know what you're thinking... uhh... what?

I have to thank my roommate for enlightening me to this wonderful piece of politics. Of course when she ran in to inform me that, yes, this indeed a legit petition, posted on the WHITEHOUSE.GOV's website.... naturally she had to add a little "toot, toot" (with her hand held patriotically over her heart).

The fact I find stunning... is that the petition already has 2,555 signatures! But it's safe to say it's a long way from really garnering Washington's attention, with only 0.02% of it's goal. That being said, in the time it has taken me to write this, that number has gone up to 2,601. So it seems like word is spreading...

So what is this petition really asking? Well why don't you read for yourself:

Quote:We, the undersigned, would like the Obama administration to recognize the need for a new national anthem, one that even a decade after its creation, is still hot and fresh out the kitchen. America has changed since Francis Scott Key penned our current anthem in 1814. Since then, we have realized that after the show, it's the afterparty, and that after the party, it's the hotel lobby, and--perhaps most importantly--that 'round about four, you've got to clear the lobby, at which point it's strongly recommended that you take it to the room and freak somebody. President Obama: we ask you to recognize the evolution of this beautiful country and give us an anthem that better suits the glorious nation we have become.

Confession, this song came out in 2003 and I can still sing almost every word... does that make it a classic for our generation? You bet! Patriotic? Well... that's still up for debate. But if you're on board, you can add your name to the growing list, just follow the link below:

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petitio...x/Rm8SC7FP

http://alexhayes.weebly.com/3/post/2013/...remix.html
Tell me again how this is obama wanting to change the national anthem?

Also, you can start a petition for anything on there for anything.

Just last week dusty created on to have you removed as admin. 36 votes so far.
I was the one that asked to be removed from the admin because theirs no difference in Mods and Admins
Strikeout King Wrote:I was the one that asked to be removed from the admin because theirs no difference in Mods and Admins

Lol? dude i was messing with you? I didnt even notice you werent an admin until you said that. Got to quit taking things so personally!
I'm just saying that's why I'm not an admin no more. Their really isn't any differences between Mods and Admins. Besides QQ and Midee (who never get on anymore) Dusty is the only one that can basically run this site so just to save the hassel, I just asked Dusty to put back as a Mod
I vote to have a rainbow flag instead of the red white and blue.
Personally, I cant stand for a flag that has white in it.
Thanks for changing the name of the thread.
I think I'll start one for whoever signs the new anthem one, should have their American Citizenship revoked.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Half of the people that have signed that probably don't have American Citizenship to be taken away.
^bahahah
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.