Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hatcher or Spurlock
Who had more talent 2012 Hatcher team or 2013 Spurlock team? Which coach did the best coaching job?
Neither one got the job done

BB King
What I think is that Perry County people need to get over themselves. Their players aren't gods like they think. Justice is the best player in the 14th region. Its not a bad thing to lose to the best player but to answer the answer I think Hatcher's team was better talent wise. The way Hatcher used Jaysean Paige should be against the law. Both teams and coaches lost to good players.

Spurlock and Hatcher both are good coaches. People on BlueGrassRivals are nobody's (sorry)
Hatcher in the 14th region -
2008 - 14-19 record (0-4 against Big Al)
2009 - 25-6 record (1-2 against Big Al)
2010 - 21-9 record (0-1 against Big Al)
2011 - 25-6 record (1-0) against Big Al) Won 14th Region
2012 - 23-5 record (1-0) against Big Al)
overall record in the 14th region 108-45 with 1 14th title (3-7 against Big Al)

Spurlock in 14th region
2003 - 19-10 (0-3 against Big Al)
2004 - 24-5 (2-2 against Big Al)
2005 - 24-6 (2-1 against Big Al)
2006 - 22-11 (1-1 against Big Al) Won 14th Region
2013 - 26-8 (2-0 against Big Al)
Overall record 115-40 with 1 title.. (7-7 against Big Al)
Hatcher any day of the week. Spurlock has had trouble winning the big one lately. He had the most talent in the 15th region a year ago and lost in the first round.
Maybe BB King has the best Player in Cameron Justice, not Johnson.
After tonights game against clay I totally agree with Outsidelookingin. Justice is the best player in the 14th. No one can argue because he is leading his team to Rupp. Johnson or Beverly can't say that now or in the future. Knott is going to be good for a while
bballfan2 Wrote:After tonights game against clay I totally agree with Outsidelookingin. Justice is the best player in the 14th. No one can argue because he is leading his team to Rupp. Johnson or Beverly can't say that now or in the future. Knott is going to be good for a while

I don't think anyone has denied all year that Cameron justice is the best player in the region. I also think that this is knott county's last sweet 16 for a while because I think Cameron justice will go to a different school or Raymond justice will take some kind of coaching job next year, be it jv or varsity.
It will also hurt knott a lot more than people think losing short. He has hit some big shots this year and hall has a lot of trouble playing against taller players so I don't know who will be the number 1 team in the 14th region. Nobody knows what will happen in the 14th region with everybody recruiting
Spurlock is a joke he is a choke artist !!!!!!!! always has been !! He needs to thank MR francis on getting the Hazard job in 03 bc Hazard made his coaching career !!! He is a good guy but a joke as a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hatcher is the choke artist here I believe lost a 12 point lead with 2:12 to go in the regional finals at Breathitt against Knott, The next year he backs his way in the sweet sixteen because Letcher Central could not make a free throw. The next year he Hatcher has the best player in the region and probably the state and holds the ball against Buckhorn at Leslie County, You could see his teams tighten up at the end of the regular season. He lost the region at Powell County also in the finals like it or not he could not finish. Spurlock never has been a big name coach and everyone knows how he got to be the coach at Perry Central like it or not Perry is stuck with him unless he leaves. Spurlock has had some good jobs in eastern kentucky so we all know that the faithfull at Perry will not like it if he Spurlock cant produce just ask Hatcher. They shot their self in the foot when they let Big Al go period.
ballboy Wrote:Hatcher is the choke artist here I believe lost a 12 point lead with 2:12 to go in the regional finals at Breathitt against Knott, The next year he backs his way in the sweet sixteen because Letcher Central could not make a free throw. The next year he Hatcher has the best player in the region and probably the state and holds the ball against Buckhorn at Leslie County, You could see his teams tighten up at the end of the regular season. He lost the region at Powell County also in the finals like it or not he could not finish. Spurlock never has been a big name coach and everyone knows how he got to be the coach at Perry Central like it or not Perry is stuck with him unless he leaves. Spurlock has had some good jobs in eastern kentucky so we all know that the faithfull at Perry will not like it if he Spurlock cant produce just ask Hatcher. They shot their self in the foot when they let Big Al go period.

Can you please just do us all a favor and shut up?

Coaches don't coach turnovers, they don't coach missed FTs and they don't coach missed shots.

Spurlock and Hatcher both put their teams in positions to win and the Xs and Os were negated by the Jimmies and Joes.

Is it Hatcher's fault that Jordan Amis missed FTs and got a 5 second call against Knott. Is it Hatcher's fault that Chris Noble got called for hooking a kid out at the 3-pt line late in that one. If the kids ran the plays the way the were supposed to be ran - Knott County never has a chance to come back in that one.

Give some credit to Knott County's defense last weekend against the Commodores - but Spurlock put those kids in a spot to make a run in that game and they just laid an egg. Travis Stacy was money all year long, and his first 3 hit the side of the backboard. Dalton had went all year without being a butterfingers like he was last year and all of a sudden he couldn't catch the ball. Braxton missed shots. Johnson missed shots.

Since Spurlock may be headed back to the 15th - why don't you go ahead and put in for the job?
zaga_fan Wrote:Can you please just do us all a favor and shut up?

Coaches don't coach turnovers, they don't coach missed FTs and they don't coach missed shots.

Spurlock and Hatcher both put their teams in positions to win and the Xs and Os were negated by the Jimmies and Joes.

Is it Hatcher's fault that Jordan Amis missed FTs and got a 5 second call against Knott. Is it Hatcher's fault that Chris Noble got called for hooking a kid out at the 3-pt line late in that one. If the kids ran the plays the way the were supposed to be ran - Knott County never has a chance to come back in that one.

Give some credit to Knott County's defense last weekend against the Commodores - but Spurlock put those kids in a spot to make a run in that game and they just laid an egg. Travis Stacy was money all year long, and his first 3 hit the side of the backboard. Dalton had went all year without being a butterfingers like he was last year and all of a sudden he couldn't catch the ball. Braxton missed shots. Johnson missed shots.

Since Spurlock may be headed back to the 15th - why don't you go ahead and put in for the job?
In all fairness if hatcher don't start holding the ball against knott at breathitt then perry still wins the game. And hatcher also had the best senior in the state last year and he chose to try and use him as a decoy I guess because they sure weren't trying to get him the ball.
Wow I cant believe Zaga Fan would get on here and throw the past players from PCC under the bus like that. The Finger is always pointed back at the coach I dont care what you say. If you have that much talent it is the coaches job to make adjustments. BB did Spurlock DID NOT plain and simple
Zaga Fan do you remember when they had wide open layups against Knott and Hatcher stood out their and yelled slow it down and not let them go to the basket?? Letcher had ever chance to win and could not make a free throw. You dont lose 12 point leads with 2:12 to go much? And then last year you got the best player in Kentucky and he get 1 shot in the fourth quarter. Like it or not Hatcher lost it and thats why hes gone. Spurlock is not a great coach or he would still be at Clay or maybe Hazard but he could not produce and you guys are telling me if he dont produce at Perry they will keep him? Im just saying if you guys think Perry is a top basketball program in Eastern Kentucky they will keep him if he dont produce? HELLO!!! OUT THERE. All you had to do was score 45 points on Hatcher and you had a good chance to win. Last years team was the most athlectic team Perry had and he would not press hum!!!!
ballboy Wrote:Zaga Fan do you remember when they had wide open layups against Knott and Hatcher stood out their and yelled slow it down and not let them go to the basket?? Letcher had ever chance to win and could not make a free throw. You dont lose 12 point leads with 2:12 to go much? And then last year you got the best player in Kentucky and he get 1 shot in the fourth quarter. Like it or not Hatcher lost it and thats why hes gone. Spurlock is not a great coach or he would still be at Clay or maybe Hazard but he could not produce and you guys are telling me if he dont produce at Perry they will keep him? Im just saying if you guys think Perry is a top basketball program in Eastern Kentucky they will keep him if he dont produce? HELLO!!! OUT THERE. All you had to do was score 45 points on Hatcher and you had a good chance to win. Last years team was the most athlectic team Perry had and he would not press hum!!!!

Maybe you should get the job!!!!
Spurlock was a great coach at Hazard, he's not at Hazard because of politics, and thats the only reason I can promise you that..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballboy Wrote:Zaga Fan do you remember when they had wide open layups against Knott and Hatcher stood out their and yelled slow it down and not let them go to the basket?? Letcher had ever chance to win and could not make a free throw. You dont lose 12 point leads with 2:12 to go much? And then last year you got the best player in Kentucky and he get 1 shot in the fourth quarter. Like it or not Hatcher lost it and thats why hes gone. Spurlock is not a great coach or he would still be at Clay or maybe Hazard but he could not produce and you guys are telling me if he dont produce at Perry they will keep him? Im just saying if you guys think Perry is a top basketball program in Eastern Kentucky they will keep him if he dont produce? HELLO!!! OUT THERE. All you had to do was score 45 points on Hatcher and you had a good chance to win. Last years team was the most athlectic team Perry had and he would not press hum!!!!

Okay, Paige was good but he was not the BEST player in the state.

And I don't see how that Perry comes back from 12 down against a good Letcher Central team and that somehow reflects bad on Hatcher...
but Knott coming back from 12 down on him also reflects bad.

It sounds to me that Phil Jackson would have to come in and win by 20 every game to satisfy you.
bballfan2 Wrote:Wow I cant believe Zaga Fan would get on here and throw the past players from PCC under the bus like that. The Finger is always pointed back at the coach I dont care what you say. If you have that much talent it is the coaches job to make adjustments. BB did Spurlock DID NOT plain and simple

I guarantee if you ask those guys if the loss was on them or the coach they would say it was on them.
It may have been politics but why at Clay?? I dont think it was all politics I had a friend on the Hazard team the years he coached and Im just going by what his DAD told me and the player? Im not on here to bash these guys but the facts are hatcher loss to many close games in critical situations and just going by Spurlocks past hes not a big name coach.
Paige was the best player in the state Billy Hicks told the coach at Grant County last year that Paige was top 3 in the State. Hatcher put the rains on him how good would have Paige been if Perry had press and when they press Knott at Knott last year Knott had no answer. That was one of the rason Perry beat Knott the press.
ballboy Wrote:It may have been politics but why at Clay?? I dont think it was all politics I had a friend on the Hazard team the years he coached and Im just going by what his DAD told me and the player? Im not on here to bash these guys but the facts are hatcher loss to many close games in critical situations and just going by Spurlocks past hes not a big name coach.

Must have been one of those daddy's that thought their son was all-world... (04 team my guess) LOL....

I was on every team Spurlock coached at Hazard and he done a great job at Hazard...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
From talking to people and knowing that he almost put the Sheldon Clark program under Spurlock may know X's and O's but he doesn't know how to coach the players. What I mean by that is from my understanding he talks to his players really bad and after a while they get tired of it. If he stays at PCC very long they will understand what I am talking about.
Im a father of 2 !! 5 and 8 and i think my sons are all world !! Every Father or Mother should think that !! Sounds like someones DADDY didnt think he was all-world !
coach23 Wrote:Im a father of 2 !! 5 and 8 and i think my sons are all world !! Every Father or Mother should think that !! Sounds like someones DADDY didnt think he was all-world !

LOL that's cute but when they get 17 or 18 years old the daddy goggles have to come off... Confusednicker:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Spurlock was gone from Hazard because of politics!! One daddy in particular with alot of pull with a certain man who could let him go played a BIG part in it!!
boogiedawg Wrote:Spurlock was gone from Hazard because of politics!! One daddy in particular with alot of pull with a certain man who could let him go played a BIG part in it!!

100% correct!

I know many true bulldogs that have said they wish Spurlock wouldn't have left, including 2 board members! Not saying unhappy with Holland just they thought it was stupid the way Spurlock was push out!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:100% correct!

I know many true bulldogs that have said they wish Spurlock wouldn't have left, including 2 board members! Not saying unhappy with Holland just they thought it was stupid the way Spurlock was push out!
Maybe he can come to Hazard and bring Johnson with him to play with Chris from Cordia.
Both are good coaches but spurlock needs to prove himself !!! What has he really done???