Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 40 Sheldon Clark 31 (15th Region Championship)
Final from the Expo Center.
congrats girls
Congrats Valley. Represent the 15th well!
Mvp?
Shelby Valley will be set to play Corbin in the first round of state. Date and time not yet set.

All Tournnament Team for Valley:
Taylor Rowe
Savannah Honaker
Rachel Smith
Lakyn Mullins
Bre Fraley (MVP)

Been a great season ladies!!!!
Rep the 15th well in bowling green.
I went to the game tonight, and here's my report. First, I must say I had my doubts about SV's chances of winning region before Saturday. But once they finally got the "Magoffin monkey" off their back, I felt very confident about tonight.

My confidence appeared to be misplaced early. Valley settled for WAY too many 3-point shots in the first quarter (which I understand they were prone to doing a lot this year). They missed their first 6 attempts from beyond the arc, and were down 10-8 after the first quarter.

Valley continued to miss shots for most of the second, and were still stuck at 12 with a couple minutes left before halftime. SV's defense then began to take over, forcing some turnovers and locking down the Cardinal offense. Valley closed the half on a 8-0 run, and took a 20-16 lead into the break.

The third quarter did not see much scoring for either team, although SV's defense continued to make life miserable on Sheldon Clark, allowing them to stretch the lead after three to 27-20. SC's last gasp was to cut the lead to 30-24 early in the fourth, but it would get no closer the rest of the way. After a 10-2 run pushed the lead to as much as 40-26, both coaches emtied the benches, and the Cardinal reserves scored the last five points to set the final score.

All in all, it was an ugly, defensive struggle, but Valley will take it, as it gives them their first trip to state since 2000. Congrats to SC on a great season, and good luck to Valley in the Sweet Sixteen. Go Wildcats!
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
More Cowbell Wrote:I went to the game tonight, and here's my report. First, I must say I had my doubts about SV's chances of winning region before Saturday. But once they finally got the "Magoffin monkey" off their back, I felt very confident about tonight.

My confidence appeared to be misplaced early. Valley settled for WAY too many 3-point shots in the first quarter (which I understand they were prone to doing a lot this year). They missed their first 6 attempts from beyond the arc, and were down 10-8 after the first quarter.

Valley continued to miss shots for most of the second, and were still stuck at 12 with a couple minutes left before halftime. SV's defense then began to take over, forcing some turnovers and locking down the Cardinal offense. Valley closed the half on a 8-0 run, and took a 20-16 lead into the break.

The third quarter did not see much scoring for either team, although SV's defense continued to make life miserable on Sheldon Clark, allowing them to stretch the lead after three to 27-20. SC's last gasp was to cut the lead to 30-24 early in the fourth, but it would get no closer the rest of the way. After a 10-2 run pushed the lead to as much as 40-26, both coaches emtied the benches, and the Cardinal reserves scored the last five points to set the final score.

All in all, it was an ugly, defensive struggle, but Valley will take it, as it gives them their first trip to state since 2000. Congrats to SC on a great season, and good luck to Valley in the Sweet Sixteen. Go Wildcats!
Not sure what your totally rude comment of "Magoffin monkey" is supposed to imply, but maybe you can expand upon that since apparently they got under your skin just a little Smile
Bball Mom Wrote:Not sure what your totally rude comment of "Magoffin monkey" is supposed to imply, but maybe you can expand upon that since apparently they got under your skin just a little Smile

I think what he is saying was that Shelby Valley could never get past Magoffin Co in the past few years. So there has been a little green Monster until this year. GOOD WIN GIRLS :Cheerlead
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:I think what he is saying was that Shelby Valley could never get past Magoffin Co in the past few years. So there has been a little green Monster until this year. GOOD WIN GIRLS :Cheerlead
Ok, gotcha and glad they beat SC-Congrats!
Congrats on the win. Good luck at state.