Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Happiest US states...
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2013/02/28...-state-is/

Indiana, Ohio, and Kentucky not so much ( bottom 10 )...atleast WV was 50th! Imagine Kentuckians claim the most unhealthy behaviors trophy.

If they got their butts on bgr we might be able to jump OH, and IN Confusednicker:!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
Other studies have shown being happy means being old, male and Republican. And for older couples, sex may be key, as a study reported in 2011 found that those who engaged in sexual activity were more likely to be happy with their relationship and their lives than those who had less frequent sex.

Well, i didnt need a study for that.
But what is happy?
when the voices stop telling you to do things.
Real Badman Wrote:when the voices stop telling you to do things.
My voices put me in the friendzone Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
nky Wrote:But what is happy?

It's a relevant term. NOT the same for everyone.
And who, pray tell, can measure someone else's happiness accurately?
Granny Bear Wrote:It's a relevant term. NOT the same for everyone.
And who, pray tell, can measure someone else's happiness accurately?

FoxNews knows all.
^^
Taking a shot at me??
Second to last behind West Virginia boggles my mind and is unacceptable...call it a hunch but theirs a lot of folks who need to let go of "their" luggage and victim status and move up and become a champion of themselves.

Aside from living on the coast I could think of no other state I would want to live in other than KY. We live in great country. Start becoming mindful and find beauty in the simple things in life. Ditch the video games, internet, tv, politics, work, strife, for a few minutes and go take a walk in Kentucky away from what your normal routine is.

Make time to celebrate something good you've done if you don't have someone celebrate it with. I find it hard to believe Ohio and Indiana are happier than us.

Happiness is your perspective, not a car, a paycheck, a house, not material things...be a champ vs. a victim...the only folks that have imposed their will on you are the ones you allow. Be sober as well in the process!

Have a great weekend and embrace happiness, you and others deserve it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."

-Mahatma Gandhi
^
Dont believe this study.
Studies like these believe were "unhappy" due mostly to the fact that were a very conservative state with morals. I guarantee you the people of this state are much happier living there simple lives than those of bigger city states always trying to move "forward".

I for one also wouldnt want to live anywhere else.
Out of all the states in this country, I might take some land out in Wyoming or Montana, but as far as going anywhere "fun", you can count me out.
I'm extremely unhappy about this stupid study....
I thi k everyone has something g to complain. About. And it's usually easier to bitch about something than to find the good in it. I hated where I grew up for a long time. But now I couldn't see a better place to live. The roads are bad and the jobs are t great. But I could turn a 5 year old loose in the yard and not worry about it.

Speaking of which, when I was six or seven my friends and I would take off down the road on our bikes. And play outside till it got dark. But now my own nieces aren't allowed to go outside without my mom or my sisters watching them. And they can forget about riding a bike down the road
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
#6 is Nebraska....
#7 is Montana....
#9 is Iowa....
#11 is South Dakota...
#13 is Wyoming....
#18 is North Dakota....
#23 is Idaho....
#33 is Alaska....

Corn, Potatos and Cold Weather must make people happy.
Either that or the fact that most people in these states aren't right on top of each other. Neighbors are usually hundreds of feet away instead of inches away.
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
I can see why some western states are rated much higher than alot of the east. I love it out there...mountains just like home but bigger, desert, ocean..all within a few hours drive. You have to drive multiple hours to get anywhere here it seems or any different landscape to visit, lol. That's the main reason I'll probably live out west later on, because of the country...it's sooo big.

I hated home when I was younger but now I appreciate it. Miss it after I'm gone for a while.
I love where I live. Kentucky is quite a diverse state as far as terrain is concerned. I mean you've everything from the super urban to virgin forests. We may not have deserts like the west, but THEY don't have Daniel Boone National Forest either! Wink

I am very grateful to have lived my life here.
I'm grateful where I'm from too, but it just goes from mountains to flatness. Those mountains out there are double the size of these, man it was wild. To go from mountains that are at their highest 5,000 feet here to over double that was just crazy.

The ocean being close, and just the enormousness of the land are the main reasons I would live out there. Have Mexico pretty close to, which can be great if you know where to go and how to get around safely. I love seeing new things and places. Also, I would only live in Arizona or southern Colorado. Other than those two states, I'd rather stay here.

I never have cared that we don't have a mall or stuff like that. I care more for the outdoors, so if I do end up moving back west, I'll probably live in a small town alot like home. More comfortable in that type of environment, more peaceful and it seems like the people are nicer. I want to be able to take my kids to the Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Sanora, natural wonders like that, without spending a crap load of money, haha. No man-made wonder can even compare to the natural wonders we have in the country, at least to me it doesn't.
Don't get me wrong sweetie, I LOVED it out there. It was too hot for me to consider moving though. The mountains may be higher, but they weren't nearly as beautiful as the ones we have here, IMO.

I really liked the four corners area, and all that native American heritage they have out there. There's an old abandon silver mine in southern Nevada that sells Hopi crafts. I bought a ton of jewelry when we were out there. I also met a woman working there, who's great great grand mother was carried along the Trail of Tears. My husband has her on VHS tape telling the story. It was great!! Yellowstone and the Tetons area will be our next driving vacation!
You cant breathe when your on mountains thats too high though :biggrin:

One good thing about dry hot weather is no allergies though!