Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wayne County 57 - Pulaski County 54 (12th Region)
Final...

There goes my 12th region pick
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mine moves onto the semis, then.

Rough rough draw for PC. IMO the two best teams in the region with Southwestern being a slight bit behind..really any 3 could have won.

Sad to see PC's great season end so early.
Don't count your feathers too soon.
Congrats to Wayne County on another big victory!!!
Heartbreak for Gover hate to see his season end first game of the region!!!
I had PC too.

Feel for that group of seniors, so much talent but couldnt get over the hump and make it to Rupp.
Rodney Woods is one of the states coaching masters.
Wayne County controlled tempo and got maroons in foul trouble. Still 4 teams in this thing that can win it.
Kody Johnson played absolutely phenomenal tonight. He certainly played like he didn't want his career to end. He finished with 28 points and was all over the place for PC.

I hate to see the Maroons' season end the way it did tonight. That being said, both Johnson and Taylor Gover have had great careers and will certainly not be forgotten at PC.
Sounds like it was a great game. It wouldn't have suprised me to see either team win this one. As even as the 12th is this season I don't know that you could call any game an upset in this tourney.

As great as their careers were as far as overall numbers it has to sting a bit that not only did the Maroons "Big Three" not make it to Rupp, they never even got to a Regional Final
ekff Wrote:Final...

There goes my 12th region pick

Me too
wow.
Many people were picking PC all year.
The Region was wide open to start and last night it became more wide open. Great Game. Cong: to Wayne and Coach Woods.
Got to do the little things to win games, in this case, hit your FT in crucial situations! Pulaski had the lead with less than a minute left and missed those FT's.

Johnson played a heck of a game from start to finish.

Wayne did the things late to win the game, they looked like the veteran team many times. Pulaski had them on their heels several times but Wayne always found a way to respond. Give credit where credits due.

Props to Wayne Co and Coach Woods, good luck in the rest of the tournament!
Isnt Wayne a young team?
I'm sure according to "Tribe" that PC's loss last night was somehow Steve Wrights fault. Besides that, I hate to see Gover's and Johnson's career end this way. Both were great players.
I was very surprised that PC lost. They choked yet again considering they had the lead with less than a minute left in the game and missed free throws that could have prevented this from happening. Disappointing to say the least.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Coach Schulz always used to say that mental is to physical as 4 is to 1.

Rodney Woods teams are always mentally tough.

I was hoping for a PC /SW rematch in the regional finals. I guess I can hope for a SW/ Wayne rematch now.
[quote=SWHS Fan]Mine moves onto the semis, then.

3 feathers short
Willie Turnover Wrote:Coach Schulz always used to say that mental is to physical as 4 is to 1.

I was hoping for a PC /SW rematch in the regional finals. I guess I can hope for a SW/ Wayne rematch now.

Strike Two Confusednicker:
riverdog Wrote:[quote=SWHS Fan]Mine moves onto the semis, then.

3 feathers short

Someone's out to troll the SWHS fans, I see.

If you'll look at the "Sweet 16 picks" you'll notice that I picked Wayne County to win the region.
Willie Turnover Wrote:Coach Schulz always used to say that mental is to physical as 4 is to 1.

No re-match, Southwest gone Home also!!
Team that is now the favorite to win the 12th region is led by one of the state's top freshmen in Stearns. Stearns had 15 in win over a top 20 team.
"Tribe" was right , Pulaski is deffinately a 1 man team as it showed against Wayne! Not only are they a 1 man team, there a 1 man coaching staff also without Cooper there a .500 team at best, I dont think "Tribe" can argue that.