Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Passing Tourney
Does anyone know who won the Russell Tourney last night?
What schools were in the 7 on 7 tourney.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
I didnt hear anything on this one.
Batpuff Wrote:What schools were in the 7 on 7 tourney.

West Carter
Rowan County
Greenup County
Lawrence County
Russell
Ashland
Fairview
Johnson County
I'm not sure if there are any others
tweeter-13 Wrote:West Carter
Rowan County
Greenup County
Lawrence County
Russell
Ashland
Fairview
Johnson County
Sounds like they had some nice teams to show.
tweeter-13 Wrote:West Carter
Rowan County
Greenup County
Lawrence County
Russell
Ashland
Fairview
Johnson County
I was told that East Carter and Lewis County was also there.
tweeter-13 Wrote:Does anyone know who won the Russell Tourney last night?
Johnson Central won.
Does anyone have any other information on this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
JC and Ashland tied in the championship game 1-1, when it was called due to lightning. Johnson Central had won their pool by beating Ashland so JC gets the trophy. Overall i think it was a great tournament, i was really pleased by the way Ashland came out and played with their new QB.
Golden Eagle Wrote:Johnson Central won.

Correction.. Johnson Central and Ashland ended it in a tie. It was "overtime" and coach Matney said he saw lightning, so he went ot coach Hart and asked if they wanted to quit it,and call JC the champs from the mountains, and Ashland the champs from the city. Coach Hart in good sportsmanship let JC have the trp[hy, when in fact it was a tied game at that point.
TomcatPride Wrote:Correction.. Johnson Central and Ashland ended it in a tie. It was "overtime" and coach Matney said he saw lightning, so he went ot coach Hart and asked if they wanted to quit it,and call JC the champs from the mountains, and Ashland the champs from the city. Coach Hart in good sportsmanship let JC have the trp[hy, when in fact it was a tied game at that point.
It was not "overtime". The game was called after both teams first
possession. Besides why does it matter? I think RayRay's post was more accurate on how things panned out. But who cares who won, passing games don't mean squat. Surely we can agree on that.
Correct me if I am wrong but didn't JC beat Ashland once before their last game? There is no shame in losing twice.
The best gets the trophy or that is what Ashland fans say happened last year in the district tournament game with JC.
Tough Turf Wrote:Correct me if I am wrong but didn't JC beat Ashland once before their last game? There is no shame in losing twice.
The best gets the trophy or that is what Ashland fans say happened last year in the district tournament game with JC.

your right, but i dont see why that matters? if ashlan played jc in the reg. season and lost, then later met up with them in the regional game, would jc automatically get the win? no i dont think so. you are the passing champs of the mountains and we are oif the city.leave it at that
JC took home the trophy, lets leave it at that. They won the pool, we were tied after the first possession and lightning came. Both teams are very talented, and i believe they are about even in terms of the passing tournament. BUT passing tournaments mean squat. They are just a good way of getting some practice in and adding a little bit of competetiveness into the equation. Great job to all teams that participated in the tourney and i wish all of them good luck on the season.
JC and Ashland tied and after talking to many people who were there it was actually a coach from Russell who seen the lighting and gave both teams the option of either waiting it out or calling it an evening. JC took home the trophy but hey, it was a passing tournament not a district title. Yes, JC beat Ashland to win the pool but I thought it was very impressive that with all the other schools there from different districts, that JC and Ashland played for the championship! In my opinon it won't be the first championship these two play play for this season.
Sounds like it will be ashland and JC powerhouse again in their district.
So how did Lawrence Co do in it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
How did West Carter do?
OK2NV Wrote:JC and Ashland tied and after talking to many people who were there it was actually a coach from Russell who seen the lighting and gave both teams the option of either waiting it out or calling it an evening. JC took home the trophy but hey, it was a passing tournament not a district title. Yes, JC beat Ashland to win the pool but I thought it was very impressive that with all the other schools there from different districts, that JC and Ashland played for the championship! In my opinon it won't be the first championship these two play play for this season.

It does say something about the strength of this district.