Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell 69 Greenup County 59
Final
Greenup to me at the end of the season was the numbed 2 team in the district once they got everybody back they were pretty good. They didnt win 5 of heir last 6 for no reason.

Russell sealed this one away at the line. Once Bond fouled out it was just to much for Greenup.
Congrats to Russell!
Greenup will be good in future years. Russell should have a easier game Friday. Congrats.
FBALL Wrote:Greenup to me at the end of the season was the numbed 2 team in the district once they got everybody back they were pretty good. They didnt win 5 of heir last 6 for no reason.

Russell sealed this one away at the line. Once Bond fouled out it was just to much for Greenup.

Raceland beat them on Jan 31. After that they beat a bunch of Ohio schools, and were tied with Menifee at half. Not sure that argument holds water, but you're entitled to your opinion.
Blew a 14 point lead in 4th vs Raceland. But you are right other two are waaaay better.
HD28 Wrote:Raceland beat them on Jan 31. After that they beat a bunch of Ohio schools, and were tied with Menifee at half. Not sure that argument holds water, but you're entitled to your opinion.

It's not an argument it's a statement. And it does hold water. Those Ohio teams are as good as most Kentucky teams. Wheelersburg and Portsmouth are big rivals for them.

With Jackson at 6'7" and Johnson at 6'8" they have great length and Bond back on the floor gives them some scoring and senior leadership. To me they are better than both Raceland and Lewis County right now.
Fred Sanford Wrote:Blew a 14 point lead in 4th vs Raceland. But you are right other two are waaaay better.

Didn't say that. But their guard play is young and still TO prone. Fact is they were 0-6 in the district so the point is moot.
HD28 not a big fan of the Devils.
FBALL Wrote:It's not an argument it's a statement. And it does hold water. Those Ohio teams are as good as most Kentucky teams. Wheelersburg and Portsmouth are big rivals for them.

With Jackson at 6'7" and Johnson at 6'8" they have great length and Bond back on the floor gives them some scoring and senior leadership. To me they are better than both Raceland and Lewis County right now.

To me that's the key...they are a matchup problem for Russell with their length. Like I said earlier, they were 0-6 in the district so I do not believe they were second best in the district.
HD28 Wrote:To me that's the key...they are a matchup problem for Russell with their length. Like I said earlier, they were 0-6 in the district so I do not believe they were second best in the district.

That length plus you left out the improved gaurd play with a healthy Bond back. Earlier in the year they were terrible. With everybody back they were much much better. IMO better than Raceland or Lewis.

It is moot because they are done now.
records mean zero in postseason play. They were playing their best basketball at the right time.
They also had a win over a decent Betsy Layne team that won 19 games. Going 6-4 in their final 10 regular season games.

Nobody is claiming Greenup to be world beaters. But you have to give Coach Tackett and those kids credit for hanging in through all of the adversity and becoming a solid team by the end of the year.
They also had a win over a decent Betsy Layne team that won 19 games. Going 6-4 in their final 10 regular season games.

Nobody is claiming Greenup to be world beaters. But you have to give Coach Tackett and those kids credit for hanging in through all of the adversity and becoming a solid team by the end of the year.
Fred Sanford Wrote:HD28 not a big fan of the Devils.

Not that at all. With the way Evans is playing I wholeheartedly believe they have the best team in the 16th. My remarks were more towards GC. They've gotten better, but until their guard play solidifies, they're gonna struggle. And I know the PG is an 8th grader...
FBALL Wrote:They also had a win over a decent Betsy Layne team that won 19 games. Going 6-4 in their final 10 regular season games.

I agree...that was a good win. And Coach Tackett deserves a TON of credit, and they might be the best team in the 63rd next year.
HD28 Wrote:I agree...that was a good win. And Coach Tackett deserves a TON of credit, and they might be the best team in the 63rd next year.

I'd say they will be. Maybe one of the tops in the region.