Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Volleyball 2006!
Who are gonna be the top teams? What teams are gonna be down this year? Who is gonna turn some heads?
IMO Allen Central will be at the top of the 15th region this year, Belfry and Johnson Central will be tough as well.
I think Johnson Central and Belfry will be 2 of the top teams in the 15th region this year.
Shelby Valley should have a better team than last year
Most players quit and the young players had to step up...............
Mr.Baseball2 Wrote:Shelby Valley should have a better team than last year

Sure can't get any worse
its hard to biuld a program with no support, keep your heads up valley
1. belfry
2. johnson central
3. pike central (if they all play )
4. South Floyd (after the first few games this team will be hard to beat, young)
5. allen central (good core coming back but no one to replace mosley and no one that is close plus losing the setter Mills will hurt)
REBELS ALL THE WAY IN 06

I think that Allen Central will be the team to beat in the Region this season

Sure Mosley (Hitter 14), Mills(Setter 3) and Hunter (Hitter 9) Graduated but i dont think that will slow down the teams pace. they still have a very strong back like ne Hall and the very strong returning hitters in Blevins, Martin and Hodge which is also a top notch setter. They also have sonme people that are moving up from JV that i believe will be a benifit to the team as well.

Allen Central works hard and i think last season was just a "REBUILDING YEAR" for them i believe this year is the year for Colonel Maynards Lady Rebs
they missed their chance to win the region last season, do not be modest IMO you where the 15th region player of the year and best player last season. could take over a game by yourself. Ac will be strong but losing those key players will be hard to replace.
Don't count out Magoffin Co. this year. With Lakayla Johnson leading the way they will make some noise.
gish_7 Wrote:IMO Allen Central will be at the top of the 15th region this year, Belfry and Johnson Central will be tough as well.

Iagree with gish_7 Coach Maynard's crew will be the team to beat for 2006. Coach Mount's girls from Belfry and Coach McCool's crew from Johnson Central will make their presence know when either of the three teams meet.
What team has a coach that really knows the game? I mean played in college etc.? I'm just asking because I don't know of any. (but I don't know many of the coachs eather)
alfus21 Wrote:Sure can't get any worse

haha
Shelby Valley
Allen Central has been working very hard all summer and i think that Colonel Maynards 2006 voilleyball team will be better than the one everyone say in 05.

the team shows alot of promise and i DONT think they will be the "team to beat" because i dont think any one will even be able to come close!
Blackknight Wrote:Iagree with gish_7 Coach Maynard's crew will be the team to beat for 2006.

i agree
meganwillis10 Wrote:Ac will be strong but losing those key players will be hard to replace.

This is very ture..but the girls at Ac realize they have to make up for wat they lost and they will be working really hard to do so
AC will be the team to beat this season. Yes they have lost some valuable talent namingly Hunter, Mills, & Mosley. But they have some awesome talent stepping up from the JV. They will rock District and will make their presence known at Regionals. I have a real feeling they will be making a trip to state this year, they have the heart and drive to get the job done. And I think they will.
ACHS has talent beyond their years in the game of volleyball!

i think that this years team is going to be the best at ACHS yet! :rockon:
I think the best teams in the Region should be Belfry, Allen Central, Johnson Central, and Magoffin should be pretty strong this year....

BUT....AC & Belfry will def. play for the championship game at Regions.

Everyone should get a first hand look at the AC Preseason Tournament which is in a couple of weekends if Im not wrong...
South Floyd was not invited to it though...But the 3 top teams should be playin against each other...(AC, JC & Belfry)

The Johnson Central Invitational should be pretty hot too...Allen Central was not invited this year...Probably because they took home the gold at it last year! SORRY JC!
Allen Central will be tough this year, don't get me wrong...perhaps not as tough as some of you let on however...AC will have a hard time with Belfry, as usual...and probably even a hard time against Johnson. AC may not turn out victorious during the season...but I blieve when post-season tournament time comes around AC's hard work will pay off at the right time! Maynard is one of the best coaches in the area...everyone knows that! He knows what hes doing...I watched him coach a few games last year when they had Mosely, nothing short of an all-star! Is it true shes going on to play college ball? Someone fill me in....
pistons_fan15 Wrote:Is it true shes going on to play college ball? Someone fill me in....

Yes Mosely is going to play volleyball at Pikeville along with Hunter
pistons_fan15 Wrote:Mosely, nothing short of an all-star! Is it true shes going on to play college ball? Someone fill me in....

Mosley is on a scholarship to Pikeville College (with Hunter)

Mosley went to some Division 1 prep and Elete camps at Morehead State and UK over the summer to sharpen her skills so she hould be ready to take the college floor
the allen central underclassmen have some big shoes to fill because of mills, moseley and hunter leaving but they cant think about that the yhave to move on.

Moseley and Mills leaving really hurt the team, Mosley had miles and miles of heart and Mills had natural talent that you could only have if you really understood the game.

Hunter on the other hand was way OVERRATED she was not as good as people acted. and people realized that when moseley moved to allen central from pikeville.
Fan 21, you have all your facts wrong

1. Mosley only has one (e)
2. She moved from Pburg not Pville
3. Hunter is not and never was overrated, she is a wonderful athlete, she helped the team alot.

get your facts next time please
Mountain Christian...DUH!!!!!
Mountain Christian will be REALLY good! Last year we were the undefeated champs!!! GO FALCONS!:wenumber1