Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lee Evans new Boyd Co. Football Coach.
Evans hired as Boyd football coach

Staff Report

LEXINGTON — Boyd County assistant football coach Lee Evans has been hired as the team's head coach, the school announced Thursday.

Following Boyd County 2-0 loss to Pleasure Ridge Park in the state baseball tournament at Applebee's Park, Boyd County Athletic Director David Bayes told The Independent that Evans was chosen out of two finalists.

"What we liked about him was that we saw his work ethic and that we know he's a hard worker," Bayes said. "We also looked at it from a continuity standpoint. He knows the staff and the players and we know that he will step in and do a good job."

Evans replaces Dane Damron, who accepted the head coaching position at Kentucky Christian University in April.

No other details were available late Thursday. For more information, see Saturday's edition of The Independent.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[YOUTUBE="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y2Ezx8SnN0"][/YOUTUBE]
Congrats..
Can someone give me a little more detail on the new coach? Whats his background?
Evans is an Ashland alum who was on their coaching staff for a while. He was a RB at EKU and was the RB coach at Ashland. Not sure what he coached at BC.

Congrats to Coach Evans, i think he really deserved the position and i wish him the best of luck.
Congrats and good luck!!
Kind of surprised me that McPeek didn't get the nod. Maybe to much time tied up with the Heroes.
Good ol' coach evans...he was my reciever coach at Ashland....traitor....lol, good luck and congratulations!! I would look for an EKU oriented playbook.