Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Renovation Details for Commonwealth Stadium are out
The K-Fund debuted a fancy new website this morning with details about the upcoming renovations to Commonwealth Stadium. The site says the long-term goal for the renovations is to “re-invent Commonwealth Stadium, to give UK Athletics, and the University as a whole, game day and day-to-day entertainment space.” Here are some details:

- Spectator driven improvements (i.e. improved concessions, restrooms, video boards, and security)
- Multi-purpose recruiting room in East end zone (Field House end)
- Add 10 to 15 suites, one for Presidential use to seat 100-150 patrons.
- Add 2,000 to 2,500 club seats
- New press facilities
- New team store
- New full service kitchen
- Improve the UK brand at Commonwealth Stadium
- Maintain, or slightly reduce, seating capacity while increasing the value of the remaining seats.

The model above is designed “based on the funding available” and is estimated to cost $125 million. Does this mean we’re about to get some good news about the much-needing bonding capacity from the Legislature?

[Image: http://ksr.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-co...dium-d.jpg]

http://kentuckysportsradio.com/?p=125023
I hope we can get this done. Until we do we will not compete in the sec
If we do get this done and lose, thats just a bigger stadium thats empty.

Id be worried about recruiting and winning first.
Gotta spend that SEC welfare check some way.
With a 8-5 season this stadium will be filled.
The multi-purpose recruiting room is the most important item on that list.
^I agree. We are the only one in the SEC that doesn't have one. That has been the difference in the past.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
dangerousdaneerfan Wrote:Gotta spend that SEC welfare check some way.

We thought about donating it to WV for road improvement and public sanitation but we didnt really want to just waste it like that.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If we do get this done and lose, thats just a bigger stadium thats empty.

Gotta have the facilities to compete and impress recruits .
Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio BREAKING: KY Governor, House and Senate leaders to announce support for $110 million UK football facility renovation:

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio
With the Governor, House and Senate leaders on board, it looks like UK FB is FINALLY going to get the renovation it has desired for a decade
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:If we do get this done and lose, thats just a bigger stadium thats empty.

It will be a smaller stadium if done to plan, and our facilities have to get better if we are to recruit at a high level.
Strikeout King Wrote: Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio BREAKING: KY Governor, House and Senate leaders to announce support for $110 million UK football facility renovation:

Matt Jones ‏@KySportsRadio
With the Governor, House and Senate leaders on board, it looks like UK FB is FINALLY going to get the renovation it has desired for a decade

Finally!
It looks like it's gonna get done. 275 Million for everything

http://blogs.courier-journal.com/ukbeat/...enovation/
Is the football part the only sport that is getting it? I thought we was getting a new baseball facility.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:Is the football part the only sport that is getting it? I thought we was getting a new baseball facility.

I believe they are but I do not think it is coming from this funding. I think the funding for baseball is already in place.
What part of CWS will be done first?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

cougarpride08 Wrote:What part of CWS will be done first?

Has that been stated? I can't find it anywhere...

Regardless, IMO I think the recruiting area needs to be done first. However, apparently the new suites that are being added have already either sold out or close to selling out so this may be the early focus.
Just wondering what they will be working on during the summer and then during the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Kyle Tucker ‏@KyleTucker_CJ The bill supporting funding for a renovated Commonwealth Stadium passed overwhelmingly in the Kentucky Senate today. Almost done deal now.
Tickets will sky rocket.
Their was only one NO...that was from Schickel...He said that if University has money for projects then tuition would drop
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Tickets will sky rocket.

Theyve got to do something to offset the cost of having over half the stadium empty last year Confusednicker:

Ole Stoopy better win some games, or it will continue im afraid.