Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dakari Johnson commits to Kentucky
KentuckySportsReport @MyKSR1 2m Per @DaveTelep, Dakari Johnson will announce college choice tonight at halftime of ESPNU game which tips at 8pm ET.
Dakari Johnson commits to Kentucky. #1 Center in the Nation in 2013
Will this be a recruit for next year?
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Will this be a recruit for next year?

Yes
Just keeps gettin better
Can anyone post a video of him?
[YOUTUBE="Video - 1"]_Nhk7eybbYM[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE="Video - 2"]bJcjwf56w2I[/YOUTUBE]

Here is the Cats 2013 recruiting class 5 5* and 1 3*

http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecrui...entucky-69

Dakari Johnson's rivals profile also has a video http://rivals.yahoo.com/basketballrecrui...MOz1PSO5B4
Just drop Willis already and let that kid go somewhere he can play.

If Wiggins signs with this class, go ahead and mail the trophy.
Best recruiting class of all time.
It sure is gonna be something to watch next season.
Come on wiggins or randle
I really don't see Wiggins coming to UK now.

The "#1" high school player in the country wants to go someplace where he can be The Man. Not share the spot light with six other 4 and 5 star recruits.

I could be wrong (and I have been wrong before) but I just don't see Wiggins coming now.
Andrew Harrison - 5 star - PG
Aaron Harrison - 5 star - SG
James Young - 5 star - SG
Dakari Johnson - 5 star - C
Marcus Lee - 4 star - PF
Derek Willis - 3 star - PF

2 seniors on this years squad. And maybe 2-3 leaving for the draft. So thats 4-5 spots. Not counting the walk-ons....... I just don't see Wiggins coming.
[B][/B]
Pulp Fiction Wrote:I really don't see Wiggins coming to UK now.

[B]The "#1" high school player in the country wants to go someplace where he can be The Man. Not share the spot light with six other 4 and 5 star recruits.[B][/B][/B]I could be wrong (and I have been wrong before) but I just don't see Wiggins coming now.

Whats more important....a national championship or be the big man on campus??? If he wants to be the big man then we as fans don't want him....we want to beat UCLA, we want championships baby!!!!!
I agree pulp I think he goes elsewhere...
I do think we get Randle...
Randle is a beast too. So I'll be happy either way haha.
Wiggins and Randle are still offered by UK.

What if both signs? What happens then? Do all of the walk ons get cut?
Would you keep the walkons if you could sign all of those guys?
Imagine if Calipari gets Wiggins, Randle, and Gordon! If so, it's 40-0 next year with a national championship and noone comes within single digits of us! Would go down as greatest teams in all of college sports histroy!
FBALL Wrote:Would you keep the walkons if you could sign all of those guys?

No. But i wouldnt keep the walkons if i didnt get any of those guys. There just practice bodies.

I would go ahead and tell Polson, Hood, Malone, Long, Willis, and Lanter to find something else to do.
Youve only got 13 spots and the way some of these frosh are playing, i wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of them comeback.
Realistically, Harrow, Witjer, Hood, Polson, Malone, Stein, Lanter, and long are for sure coming back. Thats 8 for sure. Weve already signed 6! Maybe 2 more, and its not a for sure thing that Noel, Poythress, and Goodwin all leave.

Just something to ponder on.
Just keeps getting better, hahaha. I don't think this is the best class yet, but if we get Randle or Wiggins, definitely...

Pulp Fiction Wrote:I really don't see Wiggins coming to UK now.

The "#1" high school player in the country wants to go someplace where he can be The Man. Not share the spot light with six other 4 and 5 star recruits.

I could be wrong (and I have been wrong before) but I just don't see Wiggins coming now.

Well, you are wrong, lol. Wiggins isn't that kind of kid. His main focus is playing with other great players and winning...two things that will happen if he comes to UK. I just can't see him going to a school like FSU just to lose for a year, when he would get much more attention, and still be by far the best player.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:No. But i wouldnt keep the walkons if i didnt get any of those guys. There just practice bodies.

I would go ahead and tell Polson, Hood, Malone, Long, Willis, and Lanter to find something else to do.
Youve only got 13 spots and the way some of these frosh are playing, i wouldnt be surprised to see a couple of them comeback.
Realistically, Harrow, Witjer, Hood, Polson, Malone, Stein, Lanter, and long are for sure coming back. Thats 8 for sure. Weve already signed 6! Maybe 2 more, and its not a for sure thing that Noel, Poythress, and Goodwin all leave.

Just something to ponder on.

I think Harrow might go to the NBA...he was projected a late first rounder/early second rounder last year before he even played a game, lol. And stillbhas plenty of time to raise his stock back up. If he stays, he'll be forgotten about behind Andrew Harrison, and if Harrison stays 2 years, Harrow will be a senior backup PG. He could still make it to the NBA as a backup I guess though.
Also, the problem we have isn't with roster spots, its with scholarships. Remember that the walk ons, besides Polson, don't have scholarships. I don't think we'll have a problem...Noel is certain to go in the top 5 and Goodwin works his way up there too I think.

Willie Cauley-Stein is already projected a top 10 pick, lol. He and Johnson are just going to slaughter people next year and I can't wait!
Another good commitment.