Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry County Central 86 - Owsley County 35
Final
Stats?
Johnson had two monster dunks!!! The first was a one handed dunk off a rebound. The second was awesome a two handed tomahawk over two defenders resulting in a three point play. This kid is just getting started looks to be in much better shape.
Congrats Commodores. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
Wow!
Mister B Wrote:Johnson had two monster dunks!!! The first was a one handed dunk off a rebound. The second was awesome a two handed tomahawk over two defenders resulting in a three point play. This kid is just getting started looks to be in much better shape.

Anybody have video of this. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Owls took it on the chin. Seems like we are stuck at the 56th District level vs 14th Region level. I would like to see all of the 56th District teams raise their level of play to challenge in the 14th. I believe that it all starts with expectations. If you expect to get beat, you will. On the other hand, if you expect to compete at the highest level, you will do what it takes to get there. I believe that there is at least one player in the 56th who believes he can compete at the highest level, can we get to 2 players, 3 players, etc...
Now we need a coach to come on board and lead a 56th District team to the promised land.
8th Street Wrote:Owls took it on the chin. Seems like we are stuck at the 56th District level vs 14th Region level. I would like to see all of the 56th District teams raise their level of play to challenge in the 14th. I believe that it all starts with expectations. If you expect to get beat, you will. On the other hand, if you expect to compete at the highest level, you will do what it takes to get there. I believe that there is at least one player in the 56th who believes he can compete at the highest level, can we get to 2 players, 3 players, etc...
Now we need a coach to come on board and lead a 56th District team to the promised land.

Need to hit the AAU trail and bring in some players too Smile
zaga_fan Wrote:Need to hit the AAU trail and bring in some players too Smile

Good Post. The truth will stand when all else falls. BrotherCecil.
Zaga fan. I would hope the smiley face shows that you don't agree with the fact that teams like Perry Central get so good because they don't play with their players but with other teams players. (The monster dunk guy should have never have been on Perry Central's team, he transfered for basketball reasons.) Because if it doesn't you are trying to mock our players. It's this win at all cost mentality that has gotten the world in the great shape that it is in now.
Everyone talked about Johnson's dunking last year, is he that good at it? I've never gotten to see him, I remembered him being a stalkier kid unlike the thin athletic Hall.
PapaPoof Wrote:Zaga fan. I would hope the smiley face shows that you don't agree with the fact that teams like Perry Central get so good because they don't play with their players but with other teams players. (The monster dunk guy should have never have been on Perry Central's team, he transfered for basketball reasons.) Because if it doesn't you are trying to mock our players. It's this win at all cost mentality that has gotten the world in the great shape that it is in now.

I'm a Perry Central graduate...
if that tells you anything.

also...
I don't mock players.

As the great Brother Cecil has said before....
Athletics build character!!!
Belfry0304 Wrote:Everyone talked about Johnson's dunking last year, is he that good at it? I've never gotten to see him, I remembered him being a stalkier kid unlike the thin athletic Hall.

IMO One of the best dunkers in the state. A lot of kids will dunk in a runout. Johnson has enough strength and athleticism to dunk in traffic. Come over to the WYMT next week and I'm sure you're liable to see some. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
I agree 100 percent true athletic endevors build character. It should teach young men and women to work hard, grow as a TEAM, play fair, when you win be humble and when you lose be gracious. But it also teaches one of the most important lessons, lifes not fair. So I guess the smiley face means you don't agree with the free agency of high school sports, I knew you saw it my way. Maybe Perry, Hazard, Knott and Cordia could just consolidate into one big ego boosting school and we wouldn't even have to play the games anymore. It would sure cut down on paperwork, imagine the trees we would save.
Any dunk in the 14th is considered a "monster dunk". Those two, last night, were decent dunks but nowhere near a monster dunk or, really, not even close to what Johnson is capable of
I heard big dalton dominated the Owls. Congrats Dores
MVP2 Wrote:I heard big dalton dominated the Owls. Congrats Dores

Dalton played a very good game. Both big boys played very well. The one thing some posters don't know about Perry is that the Hill boy has been out for a couple of weeks. Was one of their best perimeter shooters early in the season. Hand injury will be back shortly. Got to get better on free throws. Johnson shot better last night. Was three for eight in both losses down at Lexington. He's going to get fouled has to convert free throws. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
PapaPoof Wrote:Zaga fan. I would hope the smiley face shows that you don't agree with the fact that teams like Perry Central get so good because they don't play with their players but with other teams players. (The monster dunk guy should have never have been on Perry Central's team, he transfered for basketball reasons.) Because if it doesn't you are trying to mock our players. It's this win at all cost mentality that has gotten the world in the great shape that it is in now.
its funny that everyone wants to talk about perry central getting players to transfer but knowbody wants to talk about knott giving Justice's dad a fat contract just to coach so he would bring his son to knott from letcher, not to mention 3 or 4 other players from knott to transfer in. and hazard had a guy move 5 miles from cordia. and cordia has had 5 players transfer in this year alone and let me tell you if they get the 2 players eligible they are trying to right now they will be best team in region
hitter Wrote:its funny that everyone wants to talk about perry central getting players to transfer but knowbody wants to talk about knott giving Justice's dad a fat contract just to coach so he would bring his son to knott from letcher, not to mention 3 or 4 other players from knott to transfer in. and hazard had a guy move 5 miles from cordia. and cordia has had 5 players transfer in this year alone and let me tell you if they get the 2 players eligible they are trying to right now they will be best team in region

Try again...
hitter Wrote:its funny that everyone wants to talk about perry central getting players to transfer but knowbody wants to talk about knott giving Justice's dad a fat contract just to coach so he would bring his son to knott from letcher, not to mention 3 or 4 other players from knott to transfer in. and hazard had a guy move 5 miles from cordia. and cordia has had 5 players transfer in this year alone and let me tell you if they get the 2 players eligible they are trying to right now they will be best team in region

See post 14. It covers some of your question.

And I'm happy Brother Cecil has found peace.
Run up the score much?
8th Street Wrote:Owls took it on the chin. Seems like we are stuck at the 56th District level vs 14th Region level. I would like to see all of the 56th District teams raise their level of play to challenge in the 14th. I believe that it all starts with expectations. If you expect to get beat, you will. On the other hand, if you expect to compete at the highest level, you will do what it takes to get there. I believe that there is at least one player in the 56th who believes he can compete at the highest level, can we get to 2 players, 3 players, etc...

I will give Owsley County credit, they are not afraid of playing the big boys of the 14th region. They have played Hazard twice (plus have them in the all A), and already played Perry. Not to mention that according to the KHSAA they have played Jackson County who is one of the top teams in the 13th and looks like they have North Laurel tonight. And give owsley some love they are still hovering around .500.

The 56th has had coaches go to the promise land. Coach Dunaway led Lee County to the state twice, Not to mention Coach Fraley and Coach Coldiron leading Powell County.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:See post 14. It covers some of your question.

And I'm happy Brother Cecil has found peace.

It's nice to know I still have some fans out there. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Brother Cecil Wrote:It's nice to know I still have some fans out there. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.

Lol. Just kidding around with you BC.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Lol. Just kidding around with you BC.

Brother Cecil likes everybody. Peace be among us.
All perry needs is experience with johnson already looking better than they did against bishop brossart. Getting better every game. Are not clickin on all cylinders. But starting to rev the motor up- turn your frown upside down cause smiley's come to town