Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garrard County Basketball
New year, same bad basketball team.

What in the world is wrong with the Garrard County basketball program? They seem to have a pretty good core group of talent, some really solid basketball players, but they can't seem to get over that hump and win very many basketball games. I can't remember a Garrard County team that was relevant and above .500 since DeForest's last year.

Is it the revolving door of coaches? Are these coaches not playing to the strengths of the players they have? Is it administrative support? What is the problem?
Though I have not seen this years edition of Garrard Co play, I did see them the past couple of years. There is no doubt that having coaches come and go never helps a team, and if that has been what has been going on, it hurts for sure.

However, with that said...from what I saw the past couple of years, the team to me just has not been very talented as a group. Thats not a knock on the kids, all high schools go through lean years, and maybe thats just what is going on here. Couple that with a new coach and that usually leads to struggling with trying to win games. I also think they had a kid who was probably going to get significant minutes for them move and is playing elsewhere, that probably hurt them at least a little bit as well.