Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Ruling 59th Again??
bball fan Wrote:Quit whining about the money.....Panther$ Rule!!

:letsparty

Edited
bball fan Wrote:Very untrue statement!!!!! The Pike Co. Schools have just as good or not better facilities than Pikeville.

*Two of the five county football fields will have field turf like Pikeville's next season, and 4 of the 5 county schools have very nice football stadiums. (Phelps is the only one that has a poor facility for football).
*Pike Central, Shelby Valley, East Ridge, and Belfry have very, very nice baseball fields. Probably as nice as Pikeville if you don't count the turf , which some say isn't as good as natural grass for baseball.

My statements have nothing to do with the high school facilities. I am talking about the programs that are available to the youth of Pikeville as compared to the youth programs that are not available to some county schools due to a lack of facilities and funding.... Don't put words in my mouth to try to support your argument... :ChairHit:
Beef Wrote:If that is the case, then the dollar has much to do with all successful programs.

That is definitely a part of it. Having organized youth programs is the first step in developing a stong high school program... and some schools don't have the facilities or funding to support youth programs. Learning to play baseball and football at age 8 is a big advantage over learning it at age 13...
Doesnt alot of communities around here have little league programs?
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
Oh well, sometimes life isn't fair. You have to learn to overcome adversities. I mean its not like these great NBA players all came from great places but they put in the extra effort to be the best they can be.
Shelby VALLEY ROCKS
bball fan Wrote:*Pikeville only has one gym for grades K-12 and their little league programs. All county high schools have at least two gyms, some have more.
One quick point....Pikeville has 3 gyms. High School, Elementry School, and Blue Goose :thumpsup:
Beef Wrote:One quick point....Pikeville has 3 gyms. High School, Elementry School, and Blue Goose :thumpsup:

Are you kidding me?? Let me correct myself. Pikeville only has one gym that actual games can be played in.....you couldn't shoot marbles at the elementary or the bluegoose gym!!!!!!
youknowwhoibe Wrote:Oh well, sometimes life isn't fair. You have to learn to overcome adversities. I mean its not like these great NBA players all came from great places but they put in the extra effort to be the best they can be.

???????????

not sure I understand thie point of this statement!!
bball fan Wrote:Are you kidding me?? Let me correct myself. Pikeville only has one gym that actual games can be played in.....you couldn't shoot marbles at the elementary or the bluegoose gym!!!!!!
Well its a gym, fix it up with all the money you have
NYY10 Wrote:Well its a gym, fix it up with all the money you have
The Blue Goose would be useless to fix up. Even if it was all fixed, it wouldnt be big enough to play a game against Valley in. It takes a mighty big gym to hold the egos when they play you know.
It's not the size of the dog in the fight. It is the size of the fight in the dog.
bball fan Wrote:???????????

not sure I understand thie point of this statement!!

I'm saying, make due with what you have and don't complain about what you dont have...complaining gets you nowhere.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I'm saying, make due with what you have and don't complain about what you dont have...complaining gets you nowhere.
Who said PHS was complaining about just having one gym? They are doing just fine with the one gym as it appears to be a program on the rise. I look for the Panthers to be one of the top 3 teams in the region next year.
I'm not talking about Pikeville if you would read earlier parts of the thread. I was talking about how the county schools dont have enough programs or facilities.
youknowwhoibe Wrote:I'm not talking about Pikeville if you would read earlier parts of the thread. I was talking about how the county schools dont have enough programs or facilities.
Sorry about that!!
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:The Blue Goose would be useless to fix up. Even if it was all fixed, it wouldnt be big enough to play a game against Valley in. It takes a mighty big gym to hold the egos when they play you know.

They could make it a good pratice gym
I heard rumors floating around they are supposed to get a new practice gym out by the football field in the next couple of years.