Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Co. 66 Johnson Central 57
Final

Hall didn't play tonight and from I heard. Neither did Johnson. So this game went as I though it might. Don't blame JC for keeping Hall out. I wouldn't play him the rest of the week. Gotta have him for finish. Not the start.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Yeah neither one of them played. I'm like you OTH, I would definitely rest Shane the rest of the week!
Hmm this was a little of a shock until I read that Hall was out. Now, it seems about right. Not sure how to gauge this game, seeing as though so much of the productivity was out on JC's part. I think that both teams are fairly even and solid be considered on par with each other but until both are playing at 100%, it is hard to judge. So solid win for Perry, taking care of business as Johnson was taking precautionary measures!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
OffTheHook Wrote:Final

Hall didn't play tonight and from I heard. Neither did Johnson. So this game went as I though it might. Don't blame JC for keeping Hall out. I wouldn't play him the rest of the week. Gotta have him for finish. Not the start.

Actually, you said that you thought JC would win even if Hall didnt play.....Just given ya a hard time lol
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:Hmm this was a little of a shock until I read that Hall was out. Now, it seems about right. Not sure how to gauge this game, seeing as though so much of the productivity was out on JC's part. I think that both teams are fairly even and solid be considered on par with each other but until both are playing at 100%, it is hard to judge. So solid win for Perry, taking care of business as Johnson was taking precautionary measures!

I think Perry is a better team than JC, when/if Perry had Johnson and Hall wasn't injured. Perry has a much better supporting class in my opinion. Beverly and Cornett, as well as Johnson, are all top 10 players in the 14th region.
This was a pretty close game after the 1st Q. Perry owned the 1st Q or Dalton Cornett owned the 1st Q. But Cornett didn't score again until 5 minute left in 3rd Q. Johnson Central made several runs, Perry would get up 7 or 8 points and JC would cut it to 1-3 points..but could never get the lead... Perry made FT's to end the game.
wood_chuck Wrote:Actually, you said that you thought JC would win even if Hall didnt play.....Just given ya a hard time lol

Actually, this is what I said....
"I'll take JC in this one even if Hall doesn't play. But, if Johnson plays and Hall doesn't...I'll take PCC in a close one."

http://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/sho...p?t=149256
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^You was still wrong. lol
Good win for the Dores...
I got stuck at work and didn't get to make it
Ballers cracks me up!!

I listened to most of this game; and PCC did own the first quarter. Johnson Central came back though; if I remember correctly at the half it was a 7 point game. Both these teams seemed to play solid; with PCC a beast at the line. I thought at one time that Johnson may take the lead, but it wasn't meant to be.
ekff Wrote:This was a pretty close game after the 1st Q. Perry owned the 1st Q or Dalton Cornett owned the 1st Q. But Cornett didn't score again until 5 minute left in 3rd Q. Johnson Central made several runs, Perry would get up 7 or 8 points and JC would cut it to 1-3 points..but could never get the lead... Perry made FT's to end the game.

Cornett stayed in foul trouble most of the night. Actually sat most of the second and a lot of the third. Fouled out with three or four minutes in the game. I was at this game. Perry is going to be a lot deeper than I thought. Several of their younger players are very good shooters. Dalton is going to have to learn not to swipe at the ball. Peace be among us. Brother Cecil.
Good win for the Dores!
OffTheHook Wrote:Actually, this is what I said....
"I'll take JC in this one even if Hall doesn't play. But, if Johnson plays and Hall doesn't...I'll take PCC in a close one."

IMO,anything under 10 is a close game.

But, you are right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
Perry is better than Johnson,Cent. If both Hall and Johnson had of played Perry would have still won and when Johnson becomes elgiable Perry will be as good as last year. They have 9 or 10 that can play. Under Hatcher this team would only play 6 or 7. This team will be tough by Feb.
ballboy Wrote:Perry is better than Johnson,Cent. If both Hall and Johnson had of played Perry would have still won and when Johnson becomes elgiable Perry will be as good as last year. They have 9 or 10 that can play. Under Hatcher this team would only play 6 or 7. This team will be tough by Feb.

Agreed. Hatcher was a hell of a defensive coach, but his offense stank. He would never play the bench enough. Also he kept the shooters from shooting. Spurlock evidently gives them the green light. I would have loved to see Hall and Johnson both play. That's what the fans come out to see. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
OffTheHook Wrote:Actually, this is what I said....

You think if you bolded the second half of the sentence we wouldn't have seen the first part? lol I was right with what I originally said.
Why didnt Hall play? Is he injured? I noticed the Cordia score was really low.
My question is how much of a difference would Hall had been in this game?
I know he's the man and all.. But what's he avg points wise per game?
^ I understand what your saying but if Shane Hall played and still no Justin Johnson.. I do believe JC wins easy...

But with both Hall and Johnson hmmmm.... I'd like to see it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hall was averaging 22ppg before the night he got hurt in the first quarter and did not score, that dropped his average to about 14ppg. Hall also averaged over 10 rebounds a game.

I think if Hall and Johnson both played, JC would have won.
wood_chuck Wrote:You think if you bolded the second half of the sentence we wouldn't have seen the first part? lol I was right with what I originally said.

I forgot and didn't even read my original post...LOL.

I'll take some slaw with my crow.:Thumbs:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Crash Davis
wood_chuck Wrote:I think Perry is a better team than JC, when/if Perry had Johnson and Hall wasn't injured. Perry has a much better supporting class in my opinion. Beverly and Cornett, as well as Johnson, are all top 10 players in the 14th region.

Completely understandable. I think that at 100%, both teams are about as formidable as you can get with the the slight edge going to JC. Strong cases for the two best teams in the mountains!
[SIZE="4"]
[COLOR="Blue"]Shelby Valley High School:
2009 and 2010 All "A" State Champions and 2010 Kentucky Sweet 16 State Champions
MaxPreps National Champions!![/SIZE][/COLOR][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Didn't Johnson own Hall last year?
I didn't see them play...
I just think I remember seeing that last year around tourney time.
I do not post much but wanted to add some info here. I go back all the way to the MC Napier days. As we found out in football this year, when you play in perry County you are 10 points behind when you get off of the bus. This says to me we are about equal with the score.

If Hall and Johnson play I still give the edge to JC on a neutral floor. Alot of players have the game of their life against Hall and want to compete with him. Johnson is a great player, but Hall is the only proven D-1 recriut in the Mountains and would be the difference.

This is a good early game for both teams and for JC to face a hostile away enviorment. Since these teams play in different regions and will not face each other probably anymore this year, this game means nothing. Both teams will start the hunt for a trip to Rupp soon.
MonsterMan Wrote:I do not post much but wanted to add some info here. I go back all the way to the MC Napier days. As we found out in football this year, when you play in perry County you are 10 points behind when you get off of the bus. This says to me we are about equal with the score.

If Hall and Johnson play I still give the edge to JC on a neutral floor. Alot of players have the game of their life against Hall and want to compete with him. Johnson is a great player, but Hall is the only proven D-1 recriut in the Mountains and would be the difference.

This is a good early game for both teams and for JC to face a hostile away enviorment. Since these teams play in different regions and will not face each other probably anymore this year, this game means nothing. Both teams will start the hunt for a trip to Rupp soon.

I just think Perry is better than JC at this point.
Perry handled them pretty easily last year in Johnson County and this year when both weren't at full-strength.

I also agree that Shane Hall is a D-1 prospect, but I don't think he is the only one because of Kasongo over in Pikeville.

However, I think Shane's size and skill set are what makes him a good college prospect. There are several players that can make a bigger impact on the High School level than him.
zaga_fan Wrote:I just think Perry is better than JC at this point.
Perry handled them pretty easily last year in Johnson County and this year when both weren't at full-strength.

I also agree that Shane Hall is a D-1 prospect, but I don't think he is the only one because of Kasongo over in Pikeville.

However, I think Shane's size and skill set are what makes him a good college prospect. There are several players that can make a bigger impact on the High School level than him.

I agree. I'm not saying Johnson Central is a bad team, because I think they are pretty good and who I would pick to win the 15th. But I've not really seen an arguement that would persuade me or anyone that else to think otherwise right now.

And I love how your third statement stated what it did. High school and college are completely different. Yes Hall is a D1 prospect, mainly because of his size and athleticism, but I can name plenty of non D1 players that I would rather have in a high school game.

I think Perry would win the game at full strength and considering I don't know when the last time JC beat Perry in basketball, it's just another reason I'd give the, the edge.
Bulldawg chomp!! Wrote:Why didnt Hall play? Is he injured? I noticed the Cordia score was really low.

Ankle sprain in a game last Friday night. He was at the game sat behind the team. Don't think it was to serious. Should be back shortly. Truth stands over all else. Brother Cecil.
I wish the talk about Kasongo would end..
He does nothing for his teams..
He's got a horrible attitude..
He will not go D-1..

Shane Hall and Johnson are D-1 bound.
Brother Cecil Wrote:Agreed. Hatcher was a hell of a defensive coach, but his offense stank. He would never play the bench enough. Also he kept the shooters from shooting. Spurlock evidently gives them the green light. I would have loved to see Hall and Johnson both play. That's what the fans come out to see. The truth will stand when all else falls. Brother Cecil.
You can't be talking about the same Spurlock that coached SC Cards last year. Only allowed 2 players to shot. The Parsley kid didn't get to shoot last year. most of his points came from foul shots. I hear he is burning it up this year. 5 games in and averaging about 20 points a game and handling the opposing points guards pretty good. Kirk and James are stepping up also. Guess Spurlock didn't know what he had till he was GONE. Takes a good coach to see all the talent and know how to use it.