Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville
they will win the district easy but if they don't wake up they have no shot at the region...Rolleyes
No, they wont win it easy, they might not even win it at all if they dont straighten up
Pikeville is as good as any other team in the region. This region is wide open and so are most districts. Pikeville isnt a bad team at all.
Pikeville will win the 59th without even being challenged. But as far as the Region goes I don't think they have much of a chance to be quite honest. Lawrence as beaten them twice, Paintsville has beaten them twice, and now a Belfry team that is up and down especially recently.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Every team in the region has a number of real bad losses to other teams in the region. That's not why Pikeville doesn't have much of a chance. The reason they don't is because they are playing real bad baseball right now, at the worst possible time.
jetpilot Wrote:Every team in the region has a number of real bad losses to other teams in the region. That's not why Pikeville doesn't have much of a chance. The reason they don't is because they are playing real bad baseball right now, at the worst possible time.

I agree.......................
Pikeville is playing awful right now, and I dont think they have a chance at winning the 15th. Their coach has won a few region titles, but I question his true knowledge of the game.
How can you question Coach Lawson's knowledge of the game of baseball. When he came in to coach, Pikeville's program was down at the time. He has won a number of regional titles as head coach and has produced quite a few players as well. Huffman signed a D-1 scholarship, and 4-5 players from last year's team are playing college ball. Yes, they are struggling right now, but which 15th region team hasn't struggled this year? Coach Lawson is the #1 coach in the region, IMO. Pikeville will win district and will heavily contend for another region championship.
^ I agree. Coach Lawson is a student of the game and is more knowledgeable of the game than 90% (if not 100%) of the people who comment on here. He played at Milligan College and just knows the game through and through. He will have his team ready for district and regional tournament. Every team goes through a dry spell, but Pikeville will be ready.
I really believe thaat Pikeville is the team to beat come tourney time. Coach ALWAYS has the team ready.
MRC06 Wrote:Pikeville is playing awful right now, and I dont think they have a chance at winning the 15th. Their coach has won a few region titles, but I question his true knowledge of the game.
Maybe the worst post in BGP history!!! Think about what you just said..."Their Coach has won a few region titles, but I question his true knowledge of the game". Think about that....wouldn't any coach in any sport love to hear that said about them??? "Winning a few region titles....that is any coaches goal.........Coach Lawson has forgot more baseball than you ever knew!!!!

ps....don't forget that Pikeville lost 7 starters from last year!!!!!!!!!!!
I think pikeville may get to semi finals and then there out by J.C or Paintsville..someone like that
The only reason I can think of that someone would question the ability of Coach Lawson or the tradition of Pikeville, is because of, oh, I don't know.....jealousy, dislike, etc.
StrikeoutKing Wrote:The only reason I can think of that someone would question the ability of Coach Lawson or the tradition of Pikeville, is because of, oh, I don't know.....jealousy, dislike, etc.

haha
ThiS thread iS pointleSS and iS cloSed
"Pikeville" iS not a topic