Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buckhorn 68 Owsley 62
Owsley goes to Buckhorn and loses in a hard fought game. Game the Owls could have won but didn't finish. Next up a tough game at Jackson County and then at Powell and at Lee.
I thought it was a very poor called game. Allen had 3 fouls in the first quarter that's crazy. Owsley had to play some of the JV team. Which the JV members kept it a 7 point game at half. The Owls will grow more as a team I promise you that.
John Noble can coach some ball. Loses their entire starting lineup (99% of their scoring) from last season, comes out and wins the Wildcats season opener.

Congrats Buckhorn
This is a big win for Buckhorn because it is their first winning after last year's team. It gives this young squad confidence to move on. There will be some lumps in the road for them but I honestly believe this is going to be another good team once they gain more experience.
Was at the game and the officals were terrible. They got Owsley in a hole and kept them there. The Owls played half the game with their JV team on the court and still almost pulled it out. But Owsley had their chances but missed to many free throws and a couple easy buckets. Buckhorn did play hard and will have a good team in a couple years but in a straight up game Owsley is a fifteen point better team. On a different note, I loved the 80's rock concert. That guitar player is the bomb. Also liked the clown show from the student section. Its hard to believe that boy would act that stupid for free. Not often you get a game and a show for only five dollars.
good win for buckhorn!
PapaPoof Wrote:Was at the game and the officals were terrible. They got Owsley in a hole and kept them there. The Owls played half the game with their JV team on the court and still almost pulled it out. But Owsley had their chances but missed to many free throws and a couple easy buckets. Buckhorn did play hard and will have a good team in a couple years but in a straight up game Owsley is a fifteen point better team. On a different note, I loved the 80's rock concert. That guitar player is the bomb. Also liked the clown show from the student section. Its hard to believe that boy would act that stupid for free. Not often you get a game and a show for only five dollars.

It might be worth mentioning that Buckhorn was in foul trouble for a good bit of the game, as well. They played almost the entire first quarter with 2 starters in foul trouble and had 4 starters on the bench with fouls for almost the entire second quarter and had to play alot of jv guys, as well. They also had to sit some guys a good bit in the second half, as well. Good effort from both teams, though. Both will improve as the season progresses
Congrats to Coach Noble and the Wildcats...

Coach Noble will be ok... The kids buy into him and work hard for him, they will get better everyday this whole season.... A lot of respect for Coach Noble, he's a great guy and a great basketball coach..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Thanks for originally posting me HUB, a first for me. You must have been at a different game. Noble sat his players when the ref's put Owsley in the tank knowing the starters would get back in rested. Didn't matter because when they got back in, they were put right to the bench for the night. Nice win though, I may eat crow later in the season but Owsley is the better team by a good margin.
Actually, Buckhorn did have to sit there Varsity players most of the game because of foul trouble. We finished the 1st half with atleast 3 starters on the bench. At one point, we had to go 10 or 11 deep. The game was very physical and the refs called bad calls on both ends. Good game by Owsley though, they fought there way back, tied the game with us, but just missed some important shots.