Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bowling Green 35, Warren Central 21
Purples lookin' good
This will be the closest game they have in the playoffs.
JH might play it close, but not this close.
The state championship will be a dandy for BG.
Now wait a minute gut, when I said something a couple of weeks ago you guys dogged me bout their defense. I said all along wc should be #2 in 5a & they were knocked to 4 because they played bg. These 2 teams are the best in 5a and there will be no doubt in the end.
Really. How is Warren Central better than John Hardin. If anything, I think they are two very even teams. They only have one common opponent this year, Meade County, and JH was more impressive in their win than WC. I know you cannot compare scores, but how can you say they are better.
Bowling Green will win state...again.
^
And it wont be pretty.
hoss403 Wrote:Really. How is Warren Central better than John Hardin. If anything, I think they are two very even teams. They only have one common opponent this year, Meade County, and JH was more impressive in their win than WC. I know you cannot compare scores, but how can you say they are better.

It looks more and more like year in and year out we'll never truly know which was better because Bowling Green will make sure they never play. We'll see how it goes in two years, but next year is written in stone. If John Hardin wins next week, I guess we'll know. If they play to a closer score in a loss next week than WC did this week then I will agree to declare them better as long as they agree to the same thing for both of the previous two years when WC played closer against both Christian County and Bowling Green.

BTW, winning by 4 more points is a crapshoot on the Meade score. Central did everything but score in that game. It was the most comfortable 14 point margin I can remember. I think WC outgained Meade by a factor of 2.5x.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
And it wont be pretty.

I don't think it will be as bad as last year's throbbing of Anderson County, but it will still be bad.
As far as the game goes, what can you say? Bowling Green is just a better team. We all hoped that their junior class wouldn't come so far so fast but they're uber talented. Next year will be ugly given that they return 18 of these starters for that one. Central wasn't flawless in this one but played markedly better than the first time around. Probably the biggest play of the game was Hunter Rogers's INT of Michael Bush before halftime. WC had 2nd and Goal from the 5 when it happened, and it would have made it 21-18 just before the half with the Dragons getting the ball to start the second half. Instead, WC got nothing on their opening drive of the half and BG scored to go up 28-11. Central fought back to get it to 28-21 with about 4 minutes left and then Blake Pillow got the sideline for a 74 yard TD run to ice it.