Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 46 Pulaski Co 12 Final Score
Great Job Bears!
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nope. Honest answer.
I honestly didnt think HC would have been as good as they currently are, especially after there first couple of games to open the season.
This team has improved a lot this year.

I absolutely agree with this statement. HC has improved throughout the entire season, and continues to improve and get more and more consistent. I was stunned at our defense last night!!!

Coach Larkey and his staff have that "intrinsic" factor that's impossible to explain.....but you know when coaches have it. It enables them to peak the team at just the right time!! Last night's game is evidence of their ability to do this, IMO.

All season long, I've read and heard about the injuries that have forced other teams to regroup and reconcile a deficit here and there. HC is no different. They have had to replace or substitute all year long. They even lost their senior QB.

I want to say, even if we don't win another game, I am so proud of the boys and Tom Larkey and the coaching staff of Harlan County. They have made the tough calls and stepped up to the problems. Thank you coaches for a hell of a job; thank you players for a hell of a season; thank you Seniors!!!!!
Congrats to Harlan County on a big win. That is what a high school football atmosphere should be every Friday night. So proud of this Pulaski team! Nobody saw this coming from the Maroons in 2012 after the terrible season last year and a ton of freshmen coming in. I am already looking forward to the Maroons hosting the Black Bears in this game next year. Thank you to our seniors on another magical ride, you will forever be PULASKI COUNTY MAROONS!
fanofpoe Wrote:Congrats to the Black Bears and that Filthy Animal D. Coordinator doing a heck of a job. Is it Canady, who used to be the Head Coach at Evarts?

Yes it is and I think he is such a wonderful coach. He is an amazing defensive coach and gets the job done week after week but what is most impressive is his caring attitude toward the boys. He is truly a great person.

GO FILTHY ANIMALS!!
Congrats from Pond Creek. Although we have never played, and I believe that will change next year, there is a lot of respect from Belfry for the Bears. Good Luck next week!!!
Congrats to HC. Hope you all win it all this year.
*First off, last night was my first trip to Harlan County. I was looking forward to seeing their new stadium, but it was even better than I imagined it would be. It's a great atmosphere for high school football, and I know Harlan Countians are really proud of it.

*Congrats to Harlan County on winning the region title. If Pulaski or Southwestern couldn't win it, I would want the Black Bears to win, so congrats and best of luck against Cooper next week.

*From the first time I saw Pulaski County play this season til last night, I have been impressed by the play of the young Maroons. As coach Johnny Hines said after the game last night, "We'll be back." I firmly believe that the Maroons will be back in the regional championship game in 2013.

*It was great meeting Granny Bear last night. She is one of the nicest ladies you'll ever meet. I was also great getting to catch up with LeeCoUKFan.
I looked up some stats on Cooper...they run for about 215 Yds/game and pass for about 130 more. Quarterback has thrown for around 1400 Yards and rushed for about 700...RB with another 1300. Defense gives up 16 pts/game. This is going to be a battle!
This game was a really big mismatch IMO, I didnt realize that PC had so many young players, they had no chance! Take away a few of the correctable penalties and HC played pretty good football for sure! I appreciate the poster (West 80) for warning us about what was coming? Not sure what West 80 and Woody Hays were smoking last week, but it must have been some pretty good stuff!!
Way to go Bears! Thanks for giving us a great season so far. Just keep doing what you do! Smile
Harlan Co only allowed 16 yards rushing from Pulaski and 126 yards passing, 50 on one play and had 4 InTerceptions. Domination!
And we continuied to rush for another 400 yards.

Rolling on to next week, great win!
Way to Go Black Bears!!!!!
Congratulations to the Black Bear football team and coaches!!! Team play was awesome!!! It sure would be nice to bring home the State Trophy for Class 5A!!! I am so proud of our regional championship and the get the job done attitude our boys have displayed. Go Black Bears!!!

Congratulations to the Pulaski County Maroons on a great season.
Congrats black bears!! Knew you could do it. Know go out there and claim that crown!! King of the mountain!!!
Great job Bears on an impressive win! PC needs to hold their heads high as they played a good game for a young team. Sportsmanship in this game was the best I have seen all year and the prayer at the end of the game says alot about both teams, all coming together as one. Work hard this week and let's get the job done!
congrats bears