Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What kind of chance does Franklin Co actually have in 5a?
Just as I was pulling for Hazard last year and Hazard/Williamsburs this year. No big deal bro. Good luck to you and yours....and us and ours!
only team in 5A with a chance is Bowling Green
Bear, Looking at your photo there. Are you still playing. If that is you, you look like you got some pretty good size. IF you are good luck and stay injury free.
Bear, also if you are playing still, do not pay any attention to what us guys have to say on here. You need to play every game as though it could be your last of your life, fight to the very end. If you do that God only knows what could happen. If you do that on every play you can never loose, no matter what the scoreboard may say.
Confusednicker: BearPaw is older than hell.
There are more bears than Wides around this place lol.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Confusednicker: BearPaw is older than hell.

LOL...55 that is my son...66...lol. But thanks for the kind words.
mysonis55 Wrote:FanfromFrank, I thought it was pretty simple to understand. Franklin Co 5a team, best game they had against 1a Frankfort. They gave up 30 points to Frankfort. Frankfort could not score 30 points against a team in the lower half of 2a, Danville. That says defensive weekness. Not that hard to figure out. Bear Paw, did not understand your statement. I thought you were incinuating that Bowling Green would not have a chance against Harlan Co. My bad, dont get your feathers ruffled and I am quiet sure that my team would play yall win or loose. We look at it as an experience and would be glad to do so. We have a couple of openings coming up next year, sounds good. Coach Morris will probably be asking all takers for a game like he was about 3 years ago. I am serious about that, we like to play bigger schools than we are to try and get ready for playoffs every year.

Just to help out the resident genius on the Frankfort FCHS saga,

FHS is a sound team they only scored 3 times on varsity. FCHS played everyone on the team by the middle of the 3rd quarter on defense and offense. So the 30 points may be a little different if other wise.

As for the flyer's chances in the 5a play offs you wont find anyone around here talking trash and beating our chest we are more worried about conner who crushed us last year than any of that talk. :biglmao:

We will talk about the rest when the time is right.

my guess is that you are someone who is either from frankfort with a fake name on here, or someone from Mayfeild who has no real football knowledge. Either way.:thanks:
FCSPY Wrote:Just to help out the resident genius on the Frankfort FCHS saga,

FHS is a sound team they only scored 3 times on varsity. FCHS played everyone on the team by the middle of the 3rd quarter on defense and offense. So the 30 points may be a little different if other wise.

As for the flyer's chances in the 5a play offs you wont find anyone around here talking trash and beating our chest we are more worried about conner who crushed us last year than any of that talk. :biglmao:

We will talk about the rest when the time is right.

my guess is that you are someone who is either from frankfort with a fake name on here, or someone from Mayfeild who has no real football knowledge. Either way.:thanks:

Lets be real though. You can defend 30points vs Frankfort but what about Woodford County?55 likes to analyse stats and he was looking at some of the smaller schools you play. Woodford County scored a ton on ur starters and they are not very good. I will never doubt Franklins O. They can score on anyone including BG but if you score 45 on them.which would be a stretch they will score 75 on Franklin. I really like Franklin gotta Nephew who just graduated from there and i have seen yall 5 years ago and this year and the turn around is great. I am like you though the Playoffs are starting to get for real and you guys are wisely not looking ahead. Anyway goood luck!
whitepantherking Wrote:But to answer your question 1 of 16 teams left. 92.786%:welcome:

Dude i know we are not scared of you. Honestly i think we have played better teams than youthis year. Warren Central, Graves a team i think would give Franklin County a run if not beat them and would probably be undefeated to if they had played Franklin County's out of District schedule we put up 56 and a running clock on Graves. I honestly think we have played 4 or 5 schools that would either beat Frankfort outright or make them sweat. Murray Caldwell Graves Warren Central Paducah and Madisonville. I see 3 losses, 2 really close wins and 1toss up. So if Frankfort had played our schedule i could see 7 n 3 maybe 6 n 4. This is the playoffs and honestly on the road in late November anything can happen so Frankfort can beat us on a given night but i echo 55s sentiments that playing Beechwood right before us even though i think you guys beat the Wood this year that game will take alot out of you. In fact you guys have a much tougher road to BG than the rest of us 1a teams beating 2 teams capable of winning 1a state before even going to state is going to be tough. I am pulling for you guys i really dont want to drive to beechwood.
I agree defense suspect but its good enough to win 11, so we will see, I was just adding to a response to the frankfort comments, Woodford County scored a ton, we also played 40 minutes of defense and had 6 or so turnovers. If you count kicks. As well as 3 kicks returned for td or to the red zone.
FCSPY, you guys do have offense. I just don't understand how because Warren Central had to play BG this year, they should have dropped as far as they did. Believe me though, my high school football knowledge is just fine. The last few years I cant think of but two surprise teams that I didn't see coming to BG. The first was Allen Co Scottsville, I think it was 2 years ago. The second wasn't so much that they were there as it was that they won and that was Hazard last year. I guess my point is just that I think Warren Central is not getting the respect they should for being the 2nd best team in 5a right now. BG better not sleep on them the 2nd time around. I know their coach can sometimes rub some the wrong way but, he does work for perfection out of the boys and he knows that wing t better than anyone I have seen yet coaching it.
JerryGarcia Wrote:Cant wait to see Conner/Cooper roll in to Harlan on thanksgiving weekend. Should be a war.

Still think Cooper beats Conner if they match up. If Cooper goes to Harlen, there Defense will chew up a team that is one dimensional like Harlen. Cooper's schedule is tons better than Harlen's which is a plus during the playoffs. If Conner goes down, I would consider it a toss up due to Conner's paper thin defense. IMO
I looked at Cooper's schedule...it wasn't like thy played Highlands 10 times....Morristown West, Bell County and Knox aren't exactly chopped liver.
Bear_Paw Wrote:I looked at Cooper's schedule...it wasn't like thy played Highlands 10 times....Morristown West, Bell County and Knox aren't exactly chopped liver.

How did they fare against in those 3 games? :popcorn:
Early in the year Harlan County struggled. That is not new as we look to find the right spot for everyone. Harlan County is basically 3 plays from undefeated. We did win the Bell County game. When was the last time Cooper beat a recent state champion?

To read your post I'd think you believe HC would have no chance. I hope you show up believing that. You might end up like the old horse in the $50 to make him laugh and $50 more to make him stop joke. :yikes:
The East is wide open. The West and state title, not so much.