Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What small school do you think has the deepest roster?
I'm perplexed by 64's statement that Mayfield only plays 11-12 players per game. It got me to thinking. What 1a school does everyone think has the deepest roster, this year or year in and year out.
mysonis55 Wrote:I'm perplexed by 64's statement that Mayfield only plays 11-12 players per game. It got me to thinking. What 1a school does everyone think has the deepest roster, this year or year in and year out.

Perplexed thats funny. I know we are pretty deep. Danville always seems.to have quite a few players.
^ Danville is not 1A
toussaints Wrote:^ Danville is not 1A

No crap. Didnt read the post well enough. Cause the original title said small school. So i guess Mayfield Beechwood Frankfort and Hazard. I cant wait for Frankfort to play Beechwood. The Wood will get them all worn out then they will have to deal with Mayfield.
Danville is 2A and plays about 14-15 players. Somerset is 2A and plays 20 + players.
Beechwood has nearly 75 on their roster and Mayfield 65. It would be hard to imagine schools with more than that in class A.
I remember back when Tim Saylor was coaching at Pineville there were 55 boys in High School and 54 of them played football.:1:
Fever, sounds like they had it rolling. That is what winning will do for you. It breeds confidence and confidence breeds participation.
mysonis55 Wrote:Fever, sounds like they had it rolling. That is what winning will do for you. It breeds confidence and confidence breeds participation.

I agree. That is why I like the 6 class system. Gives more teams a chance which IMO creates more participation.