Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mercer Co.@ Knox Central 11/2
If the panthers can come out and play ground and pound it should be a good night for them. But if they come out like they have the last 2 weeks it could spell doom!!! They will be ready to go and take care of the task at hand.
KC 34
Mc 7
This is going to be a good match up between two teams with a good mix of speed and power. I give the Panthers the advantage, but they must execute on defense. I'd love to see how good the Panthers could be if they moved Canady back to a WR. With both him and Barger as receivers and Gist & Evans in the backfield they could be very balanced offensively. You get Canady the ball in the flats and he will be hard for any team to stop consistently......heck, he's hard to stop up the middle when the box is loaded.

Panther Nation 42
Mercer Co 27
Knox central 44 mercer co 14:runtouchd:runtouchd:runtouchd
Knox has has the power to win, but it's the playoffs and anything can happen.
laker20 Wrote:This is going to be a good match up between two teams with a good mix of speed and power. I give the Panthers the advantage, but they must execute on defense. I'd love to see how good the Panthers could be if they moved Canady back to a WR. With both him and Barger as receivers and Gist & Evans in the backfield they could be very balanced offensively. You get Canady the ball in the flats and he will be hard for any team to stop consistently......heck, he's hard to stop up the middle when the box is loaded.

Panther Nation 42
Mercer Co 27

I would love to see that also that is where he played his fresh an soph years before they moved him into the backfield full time. IMO he is a much better WR than a RB. But he is still a great player no matter where he lines up
Panthers take this one
Panthers by 3 touchdowns.
I don't know much about KC, but I've seen Mercer play a couple of times. They arent a bad team, but they make way too many bad mistakes to beat a quality team. If they can minimize these mistakes, the game will be close. Otherwise, KC should win by a few td's
panther nation Wrote:I would love to see that also that is where he played his fresh an soph years before they moved him into the backfield full time. IMO he is a much better WR than a RB. But he is still a great player no matter where he lines up

He's a baller no matter where he's at, but I think it would open up the middle because not many teams have a guy that could go one on one with him, and another for Barger. Most teams would try to man him in a zone scheme giving the Panthers a numbers advantage.
Can't wait to see how far Knox goes in the playoffs!!
Go Knox hope yall take em down, then take down Lex cath also, Russell is gonna handle buisness on the other end and take down Boyle, were gonna play again i think.
laker20 Wrote:He's a baller no matter where he's at, but I think it would open up the middle because not many teams have a guy that could go one on one with him, and another for Barger. Most teams would try to man him in a zone scheme giving the Panthers a numbers advantage.

Seriously Laker20 you know we could have to play them again in three weeks...knock it off with the suggestions! WinkConfusedhh:
rc58 Wrote:Go Knox hope yall take em down, then take down Lex cath also, Russell is gonna handle buisness on the other end and take down Boyle, were gonna play again i think.

Why? You scared of a little competition with Catholic? You want the easy route to Highlands? Looks like you should be worrying more about Boyle Co. than Knox Co beating Mercer and Lex Cath.
I think Mercer has the ability to keep this game closer than people think, but it could also be a blowout depending which Mercer Co. team shows up.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:I think Mercer has the ability to keep this game closer than people think, but it could also be a blowout depending which Mercer Co. team shows up.

I dont think it depends on which Mercer shows up but more of what Knox teams shows. If the Panthers bring their A-game then yes it will be a blowout but if its the one thats showed up the last 2 weeks then if could be close but either way should be a every interesting game
rc58 Wrote:Go Knox hope yall take em down, then take down Lex cath also, Russell is gonna handle buisness on the other end and take down Boyle, were gonna play again i think.

You going to take out boyle. Good luck with that the same team that got beat by mercer last year now your going to take down boyle this year. Hope to cya soon.
I wish everyone would just shut their mouth until next week ...first it was on the Boyle Whitley thread now it is on the Mercer Knox thread...just hold your horses boys..you all will have plenty of time to tell us how superior your team is to ours next week. I heard the same junk a few weeks ago from Knox and I fully expect to hear it from Boyle next week, Lex Cath (although I hope it is Knox) the week after and the Highlands the week after! We will take it one game at a time..we can play the role of the underdog..that's fine...keep talking...games are not won on BGR they are won on the field which is a place the Lakers are perfect thus far this year.. Some or all of you may be right....no trash talk here...but there is no one that RC fears in 4A....we will come out fighting. SOMEONE MAY BEAT US ALONG THE WAY BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY. WILL RESPECT US WALKING OFF THE FIELD!
PreacherVol71 Wrote:I wish everyone would just shut their mouth until next week ...first it was on the Boyle Whitley thread now it is on the Mercer Knox thread...just hold your horses boys..you all will have plenty of time to tell us how superior your team is to ours next week. I heard the same junk a few weeks ago from Knox and I fully expect to hear it from Boyle next week, Lex Cath (although I hope it is Knox) the week after and the Highlands the week after! We will take it one game at a time..we can play the role of the underdog..that's fine...keep talking...games are not won on BGR they are won on the field which is a place the Lakers are perfect thus far this year.. Some or all of you may be right....no trash talk here...but there is no one that RC fears in 4A....we will come out fighting. SOMEONE MAY BEAT US ALONG THE WAY BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY. WILL RESPECT US WALKING OFF THE FIELD!

No one is trash talking here. Your boy rc58 is that one that is looking ahead. I merely stated, you will have your hands full with Boyle Co is you happen to cross path with them. Where rc58 is cheering on the weaker competetion so you can have an easier path to Highlands. Am I right?
This is the playoffs you can't start looking ahead to another team before you get to them, cause of you do your setting yourself up for trouble, just look at what happened to Russell last year thought they had a gimme game looking ahead to Boyle and got beat. If you don't focuse on one team one game at a time your asking to for some real trouble. I think both Knox and Russell can win their first round games then move on, but they have to both take care of task at hand before they start thinking about the games ahead.
FBfan4life Wrote:No one is trash talking here. Your boy rc58 is that one that is looking ahead. I merely stated, you will have your hands full with Boyle Co is you happen to cross path with them. Where rc58 is cheering on the weaker competetion so you can have an easier path to Highlands. Am I right?

Im not on the team, so i guess it dont matter if lookahead or not, i do think however russell county can beat boyle and lex cath, it dont matter who we play ,i know the team will not look ahead, they done that last year didnt work out so good.
Knox Central by 21
Mercer by 6. Russell will win out!
:thatsfunn
Daddycat27 Wrote:Mercer by 6. Russell will win out!

:thatsfunn:please::thatsfunn:thatsfunn
The Panthers take care of business!!

Knox Central - 35

Mercer Co. - 7
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON