Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Moeller 45 Louisville Trinity 42
Final

Ending Trinity's 33 game winning streak. These top tier teams can knock each other off an any given day but this was a shocker to me. I did not see Moeller scoring this many points.
Nations #68 team MO shocks the Rocks!
kybred Wrote:Final

Ending Trinity's 33 game winning streak. These top tier teams can knock each other off an any given day but this was a shocker to me. I did not see Moeller scoring this many points.

Yes, I'd say the MO is a top tier team, but a team with 3 losses. Tells me that the Rocks may not have been deserving of a Nations top 5 ranking.
I said a few weeks ago that Trinity was not as good as last year and a few on here said I was wrong.

I did not say they were not the best in the Commonwealth, just that they were not as good as last year.

This game meant more to Moeller. It had to do with their seeding in the OHIO Division I playoffs.

Now they get a first round 1 home game and will not have to play Colerain until the R4 finals if both get that far.
^ I agree with all, except that it meant more to MO than the Rocks. The Rocks were shooting for #1 in the nation. The state title this year comes 2nd to the Nations best title. So, the Rocks definitely came in with their best game face. Hell, this was the LAST game of the season for them, so they looked more forward to this game than the next four!
Trinity is back with the back. They lose several next year.
IMHO, T had little to no chance of winning the national title with their narrow win over Cincinati St X and close call against Montgomery Bell. Compared to last year, they have struggled all year.
Elder destroyed Moeller.
Just got back from this game, a few thoughts

- The officials didn't decide the outcome of the game, but they were helping out Moeller on a few questionable calls that Trinity didn't get. Not surprised though, Cincy and Ohio refs help their boys out when they can.

- Moeller has the biggest high school O-line I've ever seen

- Hatcher, Quick, White, and Dawkins are great players, but they had no answer to Moeller's adjustments on them.

- That game was closer than it should've been. Moeller was in clear control most of the 2nd half

- Trinity is good, but would get smoked by Cleveland St. Ignatius and Lakewood St. Edwards
Congrats to Mo on the win. Knew it would take a monster effort to beat T. I always have a hard time buying into national rankings, way to many good teams. It's a shame more teams from far away places don't have a chance to compete against each other.
Ive heard it mentioned several times that Trinity's O line would hurt them this year and was the main reason for the fall off, was that the case here?
^ not really, Wright wasn't making many good reads and Moeller's linebackers were playing like Ray Lewis. #5 for Trinity was getting open many times in man coverage, I don't know why they didn't throw to him as much as they did to Quick.

Also, Wright is a great corner, but you can't stick a 5'11 db on a 6'6 wr by himself
Just as the loss to Elder got the attention of FTH, this should wake Trinity up so that the Rocks can glide through the Class 6-A playoffs. Also, there is no better football than that played by the Catholic schools of Cincinnati.
kybred Wrote:Final

Shame this one wasn't on TV. Nice rack on that buck! Was that a trail cam?
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Just as the loss to Elder got the attention of FTH, this should wake Trinity up so that the Rocks can glide through the Class 6-A playoffs. Also, there is no better football than that played by the Catholic schools of Cincinnati.

It helps to be able to recruit!
Harry Rex Vonner Wrote:Just as the loss to Elder got the attention of FTH, this should wake Trinity up so that the Rocks can glide through the Class 6-A playoffs. Also, there is no better football than that played by the Catholic schools of Cincinnati.

Today's game made zero difference in Trinity's JV gliding through the playoffs this November.....
Dang
Daddycat27 Wrote:It helps to be able to recruit!

Jealousy is never a virtue.
Stardust Wrote:Today's game made zero difference in Trinity's JV gliding through the playoffs this November.....

As Cawood always said "Write it down and circle it".
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Ive heard it mentioned several times that Trinity's O line would hurt them this year and was the main reason for the fall off, was that the case here?
The offense score 6 touchdowns. So, my observation is the loss was not the fault of the o-line. Trinity QB did fail to take care of the ball on one occasion and his fumble inside the twenty set up Moeller's go ahead touchdown. This was the only turnover of the game. Trinity's weakspot this season has been the defensive backfield. That was the case today as mis-reads or blown coverages led to Moeller scores or a couple of big gains. A pair of missed tackles led to key plays as well. A couple of ill-timed penalties (a horse collar(grabbed jersey up high) and one player running his mouth after a Trinity TD) were enormous breaks for Moeller. Trinity outgained the Crusaders by 47 yards, but that advantage was nullified in the penalty yardage. I believe 7 were called on Trinity and three on Moeller. All in all, very frustrating for Trinity faithful, but 87 point games are entertaining. The game was rain-free with temperature in low 50s.

Bring on the one win Cardinals of Clark County!:1:
Nobody in Kentucky has been close to Trinity the last two years. They lose a lot this year and will come back towards the pack but will still be in the top 5 teams in Kentucky if not the best. there are only 3 teams in Kentucky that can compete with the large Catholic schools in Ohio. Trinity, X and Highlands. The Ohio schools recruit from a huge population base.
E's Army Wrote:Nobody in Kentucky has been close to Trinity the last two years. They lose a lot this year and will come back towards the pack but will still be in the top 5 teams in Kentucky if not the best. there are only 3 teams in Kentucky that can compete with the large Catholic schools in Ohio. Trinity, X and Highlands. The Ohio schools recruit from a huge population base.

You left out a team that has beaten St. X two years in a row and will return 18 starters next year. The Bowling Green Purples.
Purple I stand corrected.
Moeller beat Trinity 45-42
Elder beat Highlands 38-24

Elder beat Moeller 17-13

Does this make Highlands or Trinity the mythical King of Kentucky?
Highlands rule....just ask em...
Jumper Dad Wrote:Moeller beat Trinity 45-42
Elder beat Highlands 38-24

Elder beat Moeller 17-13

Does this make Highlands or Trinity the mythical King of Kentucky?

Trinity played a brutal schedule and lost to a very good football team on the road. Highlands schedule was nowhere near as hard and lost at home to a very good football team. If Highlands played Trinity's schedule, they'd be lucky to get 3 wins