Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warren Central vs. Southwestern @ Pulaski County (10/26) (Don Marshall Bowl)
Warren Central makes the long trip to Pulaski County, where they will face the Southwestern Warriors in the Don Marshall Bowl.

Who wins?
Warren Central by a huge margin. Dragons are very good and the Warriors seem to be down a bit this year. Best of luck to both.
I will be glad when all the Somerset schools are in the Don Marshall Bowl because these games are meaningless games. You have a team or sometimes both that are sitting starters to prevent injury so you don't even get a true game. You have a glorified JV game. At least when all the Somerset schools are in it there will be pride and bragging rights on the line! It would be even better if they would schedule the Don Marshall Bowl before the last week so get both teams playing all their starters.

Anyways, as far as this game goes, I would assume that Warren Central will be sitting a lot of their starters in preparation for the playoffs. Due to that the game will be closer than what most think but, probably still won't be much of a game.

Warren Central - 35

Southwestern - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Warren Central by 3 TDs
LeeCoUKFan Wrote:I will be glad when all the Somerset schools are in the Don Marshall Bowl because these games are meaningless games. You have a team or sometimes both that are sitting starters to prevent injury so you don't even get a true game. You have a glorified JV game. At least when all the Somerset schools are in it there will be pride and bragging rights on the line! It would be even better if they would schedule the Don Marshall Bowl before the last week so get both teams playing all their starters.

Anyways, as far as this game goes, I would assume that Warren Central will be sitting a lot of their starters in preparation for the playoffs. Due to that the game will be closer than what most think but, probably still won't be much of a game.

Warren Central - 35

Southwestern - 14
I totally agree, You can thank Dale Anderson for getting these teams for the Don Marshall Bowl and for playing it week 10. Makes absolutely no sense-first the attendance will be horrible as it was last year. The weather will be better this year but last year it was cold and wet and warren Central and Christian County had about 100 fans combined, if that many. You should never play a bowl game in week 10-just stupid!:HitWall:
Warren Central probably won't rest their starters. They will have to go through Bowling Green in the playoffs. I would think they will be working on something that will help them the next time they play the Purples. The Dragons will win this one with ease.
meat loaf Wrote:I totally agree, You can thank Dale Anderson for getting these teams for the Don Marshall Bowl and for playing it week 10. Makes absolutely no sense-first the attendance will be horrible as it was last year. The weather will be better this year but last year it was cold and wet and warren Central and Christian County had about 100 fans combined, if that many. You should never play a bowl game in week 10-just stupid!:HitWall:

Hopefully once all three Somerset schools are included, they revert back to having Week 2 like it was in 2010. Both games were great and the place was absolutely packed! Like you said, no one should ever schedule an event like this at the end if the season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Somerset becomes involved next year and it goes to week 2. Score depends on who WC plays and what they want to do, but they win.
adopted purple Wrote:Warren Central probably won't rest their starters. They will have to go through Bowling Green in the playoffs. I would think they will be working on something that will help them the next time they play the Purples. The Dragons will win this one with ease.

WC will have better competition all week in practice than they will on Friday. The only thing they can gain from this game is to give some 2nd & 3rd string guys some game time experience.
laker20 Wrote:WC will have better competition all week in practice than they will on Friday. The only thing they can gain from this game is to give some 2nd & 3rd string guys some game time experience.

I'm sure Coach Rogers knows what's best for his team. It will be interesting to see what he does.
Warren Central 56
Southwestern 6

Over at the half.
Warren Central gets rested up for the playoffs.
Southwestern starts thinking about next year.
Don't be surprised if the Warren Central starters are in there for longer than you think. They may need to utilize this and next week's game to work on some new problems.
DragonFire Wrote:Don't be surprised if the Warren Central starters are in there for longer than you think. They may need to utilize this and next week's game to work on some new problems.

New problems ?
Warren Central 46

Southwestern 0
DragonFire Wrote:Don't be surprised if the Warren Central starters are in there for longer than you think. They may need to utilize this and next week's game to work on some new problems.

adopted purple Wrote:New problems ?

Come on DragonFire, don't leave us hanging. You know this has been driving me crazy Smile
Personnel changes. I think they're going to have some kinks they need to get ironed out.
Warren Cent 54 Southwestern 6
DragonFire Wrote:Personnel changes. I think they're going to have some kinks they need to get ironed out.

I didn't expect Coach Rogers to sit on his hands and just wait for three weeks and play us again. The way the Purples are playing right now, I don't know if it will matter, but if anybody can come up with an answer, it would be Coach Rogers. I honestly believe, if it weren't for Bowling Green, Warren Central would be playing for their 2nd straight state championship this year.
When the fire breathing lizards from Bowling Green invade the Reservation in Pulaski County, they will have some warriors in their sight. The lizards have played a tough schedule and look to make a deep run into the 5-A playoffs. Been a tough year for the orange and blue warriors, they appear to be thin in the skill position and have nothing left to play for but pride, unfortunately that's not going to be enough come Friday night. Leonard's Loser's Southwestern In honor of one of my hero's growing up Leonard Postero
adopted purple Wrote:I didn't expect Coach Rogers to sit on his hands and just wait for three weeks and play us again. The way the Purples are playing right now, I don't know if it will matter, but if anybody can come up with an answer, it would be Coach Rogers. I honestly believe, if it weren't for Bowling Green, Warren Central would be playing for their 2nd straight state championship this year.
Doesn't Warren Central run the Wing-T? If so, there are no adjustments. It either works or it doesn't.