@ GRC 20 Montgomery County 0
GRC 27 @ Tates Creek 18
GRC 14 @ Madison Central 6
@ Scott County 20 GRC 0
@ Bryan Station 24 GRC 16
@ GRC 18 Lafayette 6
@ GRC 35 Henry Clay 6
GRC @ Dunbar on Monday, October 22nd.
Why can't these players help their Varsity then???? I don't mean to be condescending, but a JV record means nothing! If the JV is 6-2 and the Varsity is 0-8, it tells me something is wrong! I've seen teams with Freshman squads transition to a good Varsity, but I have NEVER seen a good JV turn into a good Varsity. These are the same kids that practice together every day, thus they are obviously not making a Friday difference!
With 4 different QB's in the 8 ballgames and having several members of the JV team moving up to the varsity, this JV group has outperformed everyone's expectations coming into the 2012 season.

The sophomores did not win a game as freshmen and the juniors only won 3 games as freshmen. This can only be attributed to the hard work and effort to our sophomores, juniors, and a couple of freshmen who have made a big difference this season.

They will greatly contribute in 2013 to the continued success at GRC. They have made great strides in 2012 on the varsity team as well. A case in point is Luke Sharrock who has played all of the JV games up until yesterday's Henry Clay game. He had over 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing in the 46-39 loss to Tates Creek on Friday.

Great things will come from this JV bunch in 2013 and 2014!
Scott County defeated Bryan Station by a score of 42-6.

We gave Scott County a great game with a 7-0 halftime score.
Fly By Night Wrote:With 4 different QB's in the 8 ballgames and having several members of the JV team moving up to the varsity, this JV group has outperformed everyone's expectations coming into the 2012 season.

The sophomores did not win a game as freshmen and the juniors only won 3 games as freshmen. This can only be attributed to the hard work and effort to our sophomores, juniors, and a couple of freshmen who have made a big difference this season.

They will greatly contribute in 2013 to the continued success at GRC. They have made great strides in 2012 on the varsity team as well. A case in point is Luke Sharrock who has played all of the JV games up until yesterday's Henry Clay game. He had over 100 yards rushing and 100 yards passing in the 46-39 loss to Tates Creek on Friday.

Great things will come from this JV bunch in 2013 and 2014!

Seriously, how can a JV team have any expectations?????? The Varsity has been horrendous, and if the JV players were that good, they would have taken the jobs from all of the Varsity players. The other factor is how weak the JV squads are for other teams, teams who have their best players playing on Friday nights, not on Saturday mornings. When comparing JV squads, you are truling comparing apples and oranges. I can honestly say that I have never heard any reasonable fan talk about the success of their JV. It's Freshman and Varsity, the only two that can be fairly and equitably!

Our school has five sophomores who start on offense, and four others on Defense! We won our 6A District and will play your Varsity in the first round of the playoffs. Guess how good our JV team was????????? :Shaking:
I am going to keep my comments positive.

Great job to our JV in 2012!

Keep up the great work and continue it into the 2013 season.
^ Oh, you deserve to be possitive, but if your best Sophomores are not playing on Friday night, then Why????
Many players have made the jump from JV to Varsity throughout the 2012 season. They are getting valuable experience and confidence at the JV level first before they make the move to Varsity.
Good luck GRC JV at Dunbar!!!
Make that 7-2

Final:

GRC JV 12
Dunbar JV 0
I don't see the point in being negative to 14-16 year old kids on a message board like this. Why can't these kids be proud of what they accomplished? Do all good JV teams turn into good Varsity teams? No, but most do. The reason for not letting all of your best JV kids play on Friday may not be they don't have the ability. It could be that they are not physically developed enough yet and they don't want to get kids hurt. It could be the coaches don't want to sit seniors over Sophomores. I'm not sure but to say that they aren't any good just because they don't all play varsity shows that some people on this post are only on this post to degrade kids that they know nothing about. I happen to know those kids, they are good kids. Do some have the natural ability to play on Friday? Yes, but some of those aren't quite physically developed enough to play a larger role on the varsity level. Do I agree with playing seniors during a lost season over kids that are coming back next year? No I don't but I don't coach there. The coaching staff they have have to answer for their reasoning. Its a shame that a grown man gets on this site and talks about young teenagers and acts like its ok. What is wrong with you? You are an adult, act like one. This is the reason that this site can have a bad reputation. If you want to talk negative about people talk negative about the paid coaches that are responsible for their actions. Leave volunteers and children out of negative comments.
Stardust doesn't want to respond to his actions as a bully.
launchpad4 Wrote:I don't see the point in being negative to 14-16 year old kids on a message board like this. Why can't these kids be proud of what they accomplished? Do all good JV teams turn into good Varsity teams? No, but most do. The reason for not letting all of your best JV kids play on Friday may not be they don't have the ability. It could be that they are not physically developed enough yet and they don't want to get kids hurt. It could be the coaches don't want to sit seniors over Sophomores. I'm not sure but to say that they aren't any good just because they don't all play varsity shows that some people on this post are only on this post to degrade kids that they know nothing about. I happen to know those kids, they are good kids. Do some have the natural ability to play on Friday? Yes, but some of those aren't quite physically developed enough to play a larger role on the varsity level. Do I agree with playing seniors during a lost season over kids that are coming back next year? No I don't but I don't coach there. The coaching staff they have have to answer for their reasoning. Its a shame that a grown man gets on this site and talks about young teenagers and acts like its ok. What is wrong with you? You are an adult, act like one. This is the reason that this site can have a bad reputation. If you want to talk negative about people talk negative about the paid coaches that are responsible for their actions. Leave volunteers and children out of negative comments.

Fly By Night Wrote:Stardust doesn't want to respond to his actions as a bully.

Oh. I LOVE this. I didn't even know these posts were here. OK, let's get this straight, this is an OPINION Board. It's Social Media! First and foremost, everyone gets on sites like ours and hides behind a fake moniker, and then people get on a site like this and if they disagree, they get their feelings hurt. I would suggest that adults act like adults and accept that opinions are life.

As for my comments, my comments hold 100% validity. Why, because I am a High School coach! I get it! I'm not just speaking from an intelligence standpoint, but I am speaking of a factual direction of all High School programs I promise you, no I guarantee you, that every coach in your school GET'S IT! We build programs! We build varsity PROGRAMS! We play Freshman on our Varsity squads and have to listen to the parents of the upper classmen complain about it! We also do not care what the record is of our Freshman or JV teams. We understand that Wins and Losses at the Varsity level is the only place that records mean anything - ANYTHING. We look at development of our younger classes and improvement. We push for improvement, because WE MOVE THOSE PLAYERS UP!

Again, this is a message board, this is where we all share our feelings. We WILL NOT talk about individual players by name, but if you don't want to hear anything negative, or TRUTHFUL, then maybe social media is not someplace that you should fool with!
It is also a nice luxury to be able to charge $20,000 for sky boxes at your school, Trinity.

This puts everybody else at a tremendous disadvantage.

However, I digress.

The point of this thread was about JV football. It is amazing how Stardust believes that the world revolves around his posts and that nobody else on here appears to know anything about coaching football.

hmmmmmm
Stardust Wrote:Oh. I LOVE this. I didn't even know these posts were here. OK, let's get this straight, this is an OPINION Board. It's Social Media! First and foremost, everyone gets on sites like ours and hides behind a fake moniker, and then people get on a site like this and if they disagree, they get their feelings hurt. I would suggest that adults act like adults and accept that opinions are life.

As for my comments, my comments hold 100% validity. Why, because I am a High School coach! I get it! I'm not just speaking from an intelligence standpoint, but I am speaking of a factual direction of all High School programs I promise you, no I guarantee you, that every coach in your school GET'S IT! We build programs! We build varsity PROGRAMS! We play Freshman on our Varsity squads and have to listen to the parents of the upper classmen complain about it! We also do not care what the record is of our Freshman or JV teams. We understand that Wins and Losses at the Varsity level is the only place that records mean anything - ANYTHING. We look at development of our younger classes and improvement. We push for improvement, because WE MOVE THOSE PLAYERS UP!

Again, this is a message board, this is where we all share our feelings. We WILL NOT talk about individual players by name, but if you don't want to hear anything negative, or TRUTHFUL, then maybe social media is not someplace that you should fool with!

Well I happen to have coached in the top state in te country for high school football so I believe I know a little bit about what goes on in high school football. Where I coached we didn't have to leave the state for top competition we only had to drive over to Orlando or down to Miami to play tougher schools than what is on your schedule so before you act like you're God's gift to the coaching profession because you are an assistant at a private school in Kentucky that hand picks their players I'd find out the background of who you're arguing first. Second I believe I'd try to use proper grammar before I made an argument as to not look foolish. Thirdly you are downgrading 14-15 year old kids because I guess it makes you feel better about yourself. I know exactly what's going on in this program because I know a lot of the people involved in it. They play kids according to grade ahead of ability. They also have a coach in place to play certain kids because the superintendent wants them to. You do have a freedom of speech I agree. But what you don't have is the right to get on a message board and downgrade a kid because its convienent to type on a computer. These kids worked hard and should be proud of what they've accomplished. Winning at any level should be celebrated. Is JV something coaches sit up at night worrying about? No. But you can develop a winning mentality at this level and use it as you go to varsity. And to say that all winning JV teams are bad varsity is ignorant and just a contrarion response to the post. I've seen plenty of winning JV teams that go on to be winning varsity teams. I've seen coaches not play good JV kids that could contribute on varsity for many reasons. It's pathetic that an adult gets on sites like this and attacks kids. You hide behind a screen name and the line "I don't use names" like it makes it right. People like you are what makes the coaching profession worse. Have a little bit of ethics and morals and show some professionalism by not posting about teams you don't coach. If you aren't in the meeting room you don't know what's going on.
Congrats to the GRC JV. I hope it translates into Varsity success next year.
launchpad4 Wrote:Well I happen to have coached in the top state in te country for high school football so I believe I know a little bit about what goes on in high school football. Where I coached we didn't have to leave the state for top competition we only had to drive over to Orlando or down to Miami to play tougher schools than what is on your schedule so before you act like you're God's gift to the coaching profession because you are an assistant at a private school in Kentucky that hand picks their players I'd find out the background of who you're arguing first. Second I believe I'd try to use proper grammar before I made an argument as to not look foolish. Thirdly you are downgrading 14-15 year old kids because I guess it makes you feel better about yourself. I know exactly what's going on in this program because I know a lot of the people involved in it. They play kids according to grade ahead of ability. They also have a coach in place to play certain kids because the superintendent wants them to. You do have a freedom of speech I agree. But what you don't have is the right to get on a message board and downgrade a kid because its convienent to type on a computer. These kids worked hard and should be proud of what they've accomplished. Winning at any level should be celebrated. Is JV something coaches sit up at night worrying about? No. But you can develop a winning mentality at this level and use it as you go to varsity. And to say that all winning JV teams are bad varsity is ignorant and just a contrarion response to the post. I've seen plenty of winning JV teams that go on to be winning varsity teams. I've seen coaches not play good JV kids that could contribute on varsity for many reasons. It's pathetic that an adult gets on sites like this and attacks kids. You hide behind a screen name and the line "I don't use names" like it makes it right. People like you are what makes the coaching profession worse. Have a little bit of ethics and morals and show some professionalism by not posting about teams you don't coach. If you aren't in the meeting room you don't know what's going on.

Your rant is completely self serving to you and you alone. You know well enough that I never downplayed individuals. And, if you truly have coached, you know exactly what my point was in these posts, so step down from whatever agenda you are attempting to MAKE UP! There are ZERO, count them, ZERO - records kept for Fresman and JV teams. let me reiterate, the State does not keep one statistic on those levels. There is ONLY one level that statistics, records, and recognition is kept - Varisty. Thus, every school in Kentucky (or Florida Wink ) builds programs that benefit the Varsity level only. I can promise you - No, I can Guarentee you, that your school did not have a ticker tape parade of a JV undefeated season! I can guarantee you that no school that you coached at has their JV teams win/loss record from last year, much less 5, 10, 25 years ago! A JV team is 100% about development. That development is rewarded at one level, and it is the level that every student athlete works their tail off for to make a difference, the Varsity level. I appreciate your grandiose comments, but you know exactly what I meant in my post! I appreciate you playing, please play again Wink
Fly By Night Wrote:It is also a nice luxury to be able to charge $20,000 for sky boxes at your school, Trinity.

This puts everybody else at a tremendous disadvantage.

However, I digress.

The point of this thread was about JV football. It is amazing how Stardust believes that the world revolves around his posts and that nobody else on here appears to know anything about coaching football.

hmmmmmm

No, I'm positive there is someone out there that knows more than me - I just haven't found them yet Wink
Stardust Wrote:A JV team is 100% about development.

Thanks for proving my point.

Good luck to GRC in 2013.
I am pretty sure StarDust was not making fun or putting anybody down at all. As a coach JV doesn't mean anything. Let me say it again. Nothing.
At CC their best players play. PERIOD, If you are a senior and some one is better than you they play over you. They will do their best to get you in, special teams, etc. but that is how it has to be.

So our JV may have not been so good because most of those traditional jv guys played Varsity. As a matter of fact, Freshman played a lot of our JV games.

If you call KHSAA and ask for JV stats, there won't be any. It doesn't matter. I wish GRC the best of luck banking that wins in the jv ranks are going to compute to wins at the Varsity level. It just doesn't.
I'm not or never said that people follow JV or keep track of what their record is past the year. What I said was that the kids involved should be proud of what they've accomplished. Stardust must be a democrat because those are the only people that seem to claim they win an argument without actually stating anything other than patting themselves on the back. So according to his logic if a team wins a church softball league or inter-mural sport they shouldn't feel good about that or let their confidence grow. It is good to develop a winning attitude and mentality when your varsity is 1-10. Could some of the kids have helped maybe, but we'll never know. I had to coach both varsity and jv in every job I've had and to me winning felt good at both levels and losing hurt the same at both levels. I guess I am odd and value winning more than some people. I coached the young kids just as hard on Mondays and Thursdays as I did the varsity on Friday. I don't believe you can discount winning at anything. It makes you feel good to win and these kids should feel good about it. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not particularly unless these kids can carry over that attitude into varsity. Only then can you say that it was worthless or didn't matter. If these freshman and sophomores go on to be a good team then certainly you can credit that little bit of joy they experienced in JV winning to that success. I for one would take a winning JV team that learned how to win in tough games and blowouts over one that just lost every game and you get your players feeling defeated before they get the chance to play on Friday. Another thing you have to consider is this is a 6A school, not many freshman and sophomores contribute on this level. You should have too many upperclassmen that are better so that you don't have to play this kids so they can develop physically and mentally to play in this class. I stand by my argument that Stardust should show a little class on not talk about 14-15 year old kids and if you use this as a means to berate and belittle children I'd fire you in a heartbeat if I were the head coach there. That's classless and immature.
launchpad4 Wrote:I'm not or never said that people follow JV or keep track of what their record is past the year. What I said was that the kids involved should be proud of what they've accomplished. Stardust must be a democrat because those are the only people that seem to claim they win an argument without actually stating anything other than patting themselves on the back. So according to his logic if a team wins a church softball league or inter-mural sport they shouldn't feel good about that or let their confidence grow. It is good to develop a winning attitude and mentality when your varsity is 1-10. Could some of the kids have helped maybe, but we'll never know. I had to coach both varsity and jv in every job I've had and to me winning felt good at both levels and losing hurt the same at both levels. I guess I am odd and value winning more than some people. I coached the young kids just as hard on Mondays and Thursdays as I did the varsity on Friday. I don't believe you can discount winning at anything. It makes you feel good to win and these kids should feel good about it. Does it matter in the grand scheme of things? Not particularly unless these kids can carry over that attitude into varsity. Only then can you say that it was worthless or didn't matter. If these freshman and sophomores go on to be a good team then certainly you can credit that little bit of joy they experienced in JV winning to that success. I for one would take a winning JV team that learned how to win in tough games and blowouts over one that just lost every game and you get your players feeling defeated before they get the chance to play on Friday. Another thing you have to consider is this is a 6A school, not many freshman and sophomores contribute on this level. You should have too many upperclassmen that are better so that you don't have to play this kids so they can develop physically and mentally to play in this class. I stand by my argument that Stardust should show a little class on not talk about 14-15 year old kids and if you use this as a means to berate and belittle children I'd fire you in a heartbeat if I were the head coach there. That's classless and immature.
Just so you know the school that Stardust is affiliated with is a 6A school as well.Won their district title and is moving on in the playoffs. Many sophomore and freshman are contributing. Nothing wrong about feeling good about a victory but the original post is congratulating the jv team for a winning record. That just seams odd. When the Varsity could not pull it together. If I had been head coach of the GRC I would have moved up the jv group that was doing well and who cares if the underclassmen don't win as long as they develop to help the varsity later in their careers. The second thing I would do is fire you Launch pad for not realizing that success starts at the top. And when you have success at the varsity level. It filters down through the jv, freshman, middle school and Junior football leagues. That is called a Program............
I never said it was right or wrong to not play younger kids on varsity. If I had a dog in this fight I would have played more younger kids on varsity when the season was evidently lost. I am a firm believer you don't lose with seniors. I also know that there's a lot more politics that go into this job than most. All I am saying is that you shouldn't put down these kids for wanting to feel good about this and that for an adult to get on here and degrade children isn't right. As far as me being fired for whatever reason you implied that's kinda ridiculous since you have no idea of my coaching ability or the amount of kids I've coached that play on Saturday in BCS conferences. Hiding behind a screen name seems to be the scourge of the internet these days. Really don't know how we went from telling kids that they shouldn't feel good about their season, yeah I agree it's odd to post this when the varsity season went south but I didn't start it I just wanted to say you shouldn't as an adult put down kids and you shouldn't imply these kids can't play without knowing the reasons why they didn't.
Will the coaching staff at GRC be back next year?
Ryle did the same thing. Their Varsity was terrible, but did well at JV and Freshman. Why some of those kids did not see more playing time is beyond me.
Gold Charger Wrote:Will the coaching staff at GRC be back next year?

Yes, they will return.

The strength program will be the key. The 2012 team did not have enough strength across all levels to compete each week at the 6A level.