Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best players in Ky 1a football this year?
I will get this started myself by saying Jonathan Jackson from Mayfield for sure and another good candidate is Luke Guhy from Mayfield. Let's try not to downplay anyone please, just state your picks and if you feel so enquired, why you think they should be there.
Chris Hawkins #22 QB Frankfort High, this kid has been bashed on here. He lost his starting job to a Freshman last year. Had the other kids in the locker room tell him he should go to the line. But he has overcome and by the coaches finally giving him a chance, has his club in position to make a deep run in the playoffs. Leadership skills and grit!
Always easy to pick skill players. Love to see some guys in the trenches on here also.
We have only played two 1A schools up to this point. Nicholas Co has a nice kicker. He kicked an estimated 35 yarder against us with ease.
I wouldn't put any of our kids at the top of the most outstanding list. But we have about 7 or 8 very very good players. Most underclassmen. Maybe 2nd or 3rd team this year.
whitepantherking Wrote:Chris Hawkins #22 QB Frankfort High, this kid has been bashed on here. He lost his starting job to a Freshman last year. Had the other kids in the locker room tell him he should go to the line. But he has overcome and by the coaches finally giving him a chance, has his club in position to make a deep run in the playoffs. Leadership skills and grit!

I argee 100% at the start of the season i was unsure but he can lead frankfort to the promiseland and i was on of those who bashed him and now i proudly say i got a ticket on the chris hawkins bandwagon
Yeah we got a pair of great kickers as well. We got one that usually does the kickoff duties, who has been having problems with his back. When he is healthy his an automatic touchback artist. The other does the field goals and extra points. He had well over a 40 yarder, I think around 45 yards, against Murray. He is also handling the kickoff duties since the other one has been hurt. He also has been automatic on the touchbacks. We have a couple of def ends that are really stout as well and an undersized line that has been whipping some very large lines tails this year.
mysonis55 Wrote:Yeah we got a pair of great kickers as well. We got one that usually does the kickoff duties, who has been having problems with his back. When he is healthy his an automatic touchback artist. The other does the field goals and extra points. He had well over a 40 yarder, I think around 45 yards, against Murray. He is also handling the kickoff duties since the other one has been hurt. He also has been automatic on the touchbacks. We have a couple of def ends that are really stout as well and an undersized line that has been whipping some very large lines tails this year.

yeah that kicking game is the only thing that kept Hazard from shutting you out last year in the championship game, I think you all had 2 field goals.
cherokee Wrote:yeah that kicking game is the only thing that kept Hazard from shutting you out last year in the championship game, I think you all had 2 field goals.

Well he got all his practice by kicking 6extra points on Hazard in only 3 quarters 2 years ago. Quit living in the past dude we are talking about players this year. Make a comment about the great players Hazard has this year.
I'm going to do a shout out to #40 Zach Murphy of Allen Central. He is a bruising fullback who plays hard. He is a good player stuck on a bad team but still gets after it. The Jacksons, Ollingers and Sizemores are easy to pick out but there are some gems hidden on bad teams. We also seem to forget the kids who play up front which is where it all begins. Williamsburg's biggest improvement this year has been up front. Jeffers, Loy and Helton give them a great foundation.
Max Nussbaum - Beechwood
imagine how filthy this guy would be if he didn't get hurt at the beginning of the year

Aaron Jackson - Frankfort
this guy catches everything, might be the best athlete in Frankfort behind Timmons

Dejujuan Walker - Dayton
gets the ugly yards, but has respectable speed, also a pretty good defender

Jonathon Jackson - Mayfield
already been mentioned
Speaking of players on the bad teams, Fulton City had a senior running back that wasnt afraid to run the ball against us and never quit. He was getting hit every time by about the entire cardinal defense, and hard, but he kept bringing it. Imagine what the kid could do if he had some blocking.
cherokee, if we are gonna live in the past, then I believe the record is 1-1. I think over the two games we have still outscored yall 53-30. Yall are still about 7 state titles short though. I did not intend for this site to be about that stuff. I just thought it would be a good site to mention some good players, including some that get overlooked.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Weston Little from South Floyd the leading rusher in the state currently?? If not I'm sure he is in the tops so I would have to give him props as a 1A player.
^he not on rushing list and South Floyd is sending in stats
The kids at Williamsburg aint bad. Corey Shelton and Skylar Griffith at reciever are pretty good. Dalton Sizemore at quarterback has to be in the conversation of best quarterback in single A. Linebackers Logan Hamblin and Jefferson Patrick are pretty good as well. Jacob Jeffers is one of the best lineman in single A. Even though he has been hurt latley, Chris Helton may be the best defensive lineman in single a.
Speaking of stats, I wish it was mandatory the teams all had to submit their stats and in a timely manner. I was watching the stats for the first part of the year to see how far Jackson was from setting the record for yardage at Mayfield. All of a sudden after the Fulton City game, it looks like we have quit submitting stats. I dont really care where each person on our team ranks among the state, but I like to see how close we are to records like that. I also think Jake could be on track to break his brother's single season passing records, but I guess we wont know until the paper prints it. I dont think Frankfort has been submitting theirs either.
the best linebacker in single A is jefferson patrick had 149 tackles last year as a freshman and is on track to do the same thing for this year stats. Not to mention he is on a team that has only given up 77 pts all season
Hazard- Olinger and Whitaker
Willamsburg- Sizemore, Jeffers, and Griffith
Harlan- Saragas and Young

These are some of the top players in Class A from the mountain region.
i would most defenitely say that weston little from south floyd is one of the best players in the state he can start for any team.I know stats is not everything but numbers dont lie and yea south floyd has submitted stats this year but the coach has not updated his stats in 2 weeks he has 1350 - 1400 yards and 20 tds in 7 games and has had to sit out some. In 4 years in 38 games he has 6700 yds 85tds he will go around top 5 in history in yards and tds and this kid plays every down of football like it is his last he prolly be a 1st team all mountain.
Jefferson Patrick is the best linebacker in 1A if he is not making the tackle i can guarantee he is within 2 yards of it this kid is everywhere.
the A team Wrote:Jefferson Patrick is the best linebacker in 1A if he is not making the tackle i can guarantee he is within 2 yards of it this kid is everywhere.

I bet pound for pound he is the hardest hitter in 1a as well he cant weigh more than 170lbs but he packs a punch he reminds me of the saying dynamite comes in small packages.
Daylin Beach and Connor Messer from Raceland have to be mentioned. Beach, a junior, made the transition from wr to rb this season. He is a natural runner that rarely goes down on first contact. He has the ability to make cuts at full speed with no hesitation and finishes runs with punishment. He has totaled 18 TDs in 7 games this year and averages just over 8 yards per carry. Also a very good defensive back.

Connor Messer, a sophomore, in my opinion is the best all around football player I have seen in a long time. A 6"3 WR/FS, with a football IQ that is out of this world. The kid just makes plays. He leads the Rams in takeaways, tackles, receptions, and has scored a TD In every way possible this season besides kick return and fumble recovery. An all around athlete with incredible field vision and ball skills. I believe he has the ability to play college football at the highest level. Probably not an SEC type player, but I think I school like Marshall or EKU would be getting a steal with this kid. Time will tell, he still has a lot of football to play for the Rams.
topnotch Wrote:the best linebacker in single A is jefferson patrick had 149 tackles last year as a freshman and is on track to do the same thing for this year stats. Not to mention he is on a team that has only given up 77 pts all season

Sorry Jonathan Jackson the best linebacker in 1A he may be the best in the state. First team all state at linebacker as a JR second team as a Soph will be firs team this year. Sure the Jefferson kid is good but who is he putting those numbers up against?
Careful Red&Blk, the next post will most assuradly be that he only gained 25 yards at state with only two linemen out with broken ankles. Someone out there is sure to remind us of that. I'm glad this game is a year to year thing because we only got 8 more weeks to hear about that.
thats awesome a freshman getting 149 tackles. I dont know this kid but any freshman getting those numbers should be mentioned no matter who they are playing against.