Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Something Cool About Cingular
I don't know how this worked, but tonight i recieved about ten prank phone calls in a row from a withheld number. Then i got a text message from this number 10000000, and somehow it had traced the number and sent it to me. I called the number and sure enough the same voice answered and I asked who it was an they told me. I guess they didn't reconize me or have caller id. Has this happened to anyone else?
[email=BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/email]
BC75@Bluegrassrivals.com
nope, not yet.....
But im switching to AW Cingular wont pick up in the Belfry area to well.
I hate cingular, got the family plan for me, my wife and my dad. Does not pick up in South Willamson at all and just a little in Belfry. I would be satified if it would pick up in the South Willamson area. That area is where we do most of our traveling and the salesman told me a tower was suppost to be in in that area last year. Still no tower.

On a side note, I do get signal in Logan now.
Supposedly, it is a guarantee that the towers will be up in June '06.

But I am skeptical myself.

Verizon Wireless picks up well in the areas Crossbones mentioned, but you have to get them through a Lexington address.
Appalachian Wireless has the same phones and service as Verizon so if you want good service in the South Williamson area then get App Wireless. With Verizon, the have a roaming thing through us that if you stay so long in this area with Verizon then you will be charged roaming after a certain time frame. You can't go wrong with Appalachian Wireless.
BurntTires Wrote:But im switching to AW Cingular wont pick up in the Belfry area to well.
:rockon: Come to the Prestonsburg store next to the old Food City and I'll hook ya up my brotha. :thumpsup:
BCF4L Wrote:Appalachian Wireless has the same phones and service as Verizon so if you want good service in the South Williamson area then get App Wireless. With Verizon, the have a roaming thing through us that if you stay so long in this area with Verizon then you will be charged roaming after a certain time frame. You can't go wrong with Appalachian Wireless.

Yea, I thought about switching too Appalachian, but I love the rollover I have with Cingular. Plus Appalachian told me their monthly rate would be a little higher on 3 phones than what I pay with cingular. I guess I'll wait and see if they ever put in a tower.
I have 3 lines with App Wireless and I love it. My phone picks up everywhere around here. Plus, it has great signal in Ashland, Huntington, Charleston, Lexington, pretty much everywhere I have ever been. I do wish that they had rollover, but between the 3 of us (one being a teenager) we have yet to use all our minutes.

Cingular has promised towers over here for the past 5 years that I know of. They promised my brother-in-law that a tower would be up in April '05 so he signed a contract with 4 phone lines and phones...when no tower was up by September, he went back to them and they let him out of his contract and refunded his money on some of the phones because of lack of signal and no tower when they said there would be
Appalchian Wireless put the shaft to me and I WILL go without a phone before having service through them again.
Crossbones Wrote:Yea, I thought about switching too Appalachian, but I love the rollover I have with Cingular. Plus Appalachian told me their monthly rate would be a little higher on 3 phones than what I pay with cingular. I guess I'll wait and see if they ever put in a tower.
We just got a new billing system that will allow us to use rollover minutes if the company chooses to do so. I think that is something they are looking into at the time. We are also buying rights to more counties in KY and in TN so we are going to expand our home coverage area. Once we get these extra counties, we will be able to lower our monthly rates even more and make us more competitive with Cingulars prices. Which right now our Nationwide plans have gone down a little bit. We are getting ready to release a plan that gives you 1,000 daytime, unlimited night and weekend minutes, with unlimited internet and unlimited text messaging for 99.99/month. This will blow Cingular out of the water. It would run you about 150-170 dollars a month to have all of this with Cingular. We are definitely getting better as far as pricing goes. So keep checking in with us about price updates.
I use to have App. Wireless, it worked fine for me until I went to Lexington for volleyball camp and when I came back I could NOT get signal ANYWHERE! I didn't have signal in Prestonsburg, Martin, anywhere! Fortunally it got destroyed in September and I got a new phone for Christmas through Cingular. Granted it doesn't pick up between my house and SF but I do ALOT of traveling to Prestonsburg and it works GREAT! Although now it's starting to not pick up signal as quickly as before....it WON'T get signal in the plaza by where I work if I turn it off and then turn it back on when I get off work but if I leave it on while I'm at work it has really good signal when I get off work.... it makes no sense.
I've noticed that Cingular doesn't have service in the WalMart plaza. I'm not sure where the closest Cingular tower is, but it's obviously not close to WalMart. Smile
I have service by Wal Mart with Cingular... My Cingular phone gets great service
BCF4L Wrote::rockon: Come to the Prestonsburg store next to the old Food City and I'll hook ya up my brotha. :thumpsup:
I was just in there with my dad the other day (well Friday before Easter) trying to get a new phone. Do you happen to work at the back desk? We asked about the girls that worked in the old store on the hill.
i work on top of bent mountain.. and i didn' get service hardly anywhere with app wireless.. but when i switched to cingular, i got me some service
I'm in love with Tawnya.. hehe..

Tom is not my friend....

if you have any questions send me a p.m.
crazytaxidriver Wrote:i work on top of bent mountain.. and i didn' get service hardly anywhere with app wireless.. but when i switched to cingular, i got me some service
Yeah but you said it had been a while since you had App Wireless. You would be surprised at how well App Wireless picks up now. We have 96 towers in a 20 county area here in eastern KY.
I get a ton of unknown calls from girls, it's annoying cause they think I dont know how they are, and I do.....
I have a app. wireless phone and a Cingular work phone and one is about as good as the other app winning by just a little but if you go out of state then cingular wins hands down. Oh and about cingular we have nationwide service 4000 minutes pooled together with 4 phones for 199.99 a month after tax and shit ut usually runs around 250 a month.
One thing I noticed about Cingular when I had them was that when you went to major sporting events, (ie. UK basketball or football games, NASCAR events, Bengals games, etc.) you could hardly ever make a call because the network is always busy. I don't know if they have smaller capacity towers, or what, but I have never had any problems like that with App Wireless. When you're up in Lexington, or wherever you use Verizon and they never have their network busy. That's another handy thing I have noticed about App.
Heck just reading this makes me want to switch to AW.......... BCF4L your a good salesman lol
BCF4L is working hard up in here to get some new phones and plans sold BUT I do have to say that I have Cingular. Always have and I don't have any problems with them. I don't get service at my house but everywhere else that I need it, I do. Reiz HAD service through AP, his phone would show one bar from my house, and when I tried to call out with it, it would drop my call everytime. Sorry BC but I will be sticking with Cingular.

To answer the question, forgot all about it for a minute, I've never had that happen to me blackcat but that is really funny and NICE feature in case it kept happening.

I have Cingular here in Lexington, because App. Wireless didn't work as well here in Lexington...By the way, I never get a busy network signal here..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]