Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scott County 71 Tates Creek 13
final

Scott County 71

Tates Creek 13
I wonder what TC's defensive coaches are teaching these guys? No excuse for a school with the athletes they have to give up numbers like this tonight amd also the 65 Harlan county hung on them?
9/14/2012
Scott Co. 71 Tates Creek 13
Scott Co. 27 30 7 7 71
Tates Creek 0 7 6 0 13
Scoring summary:
S--Edwards 80 run (Ward kick); S--Dumphord 4 run (Ward kick); S--McKee 2 run (Ward kick); S--Edwards 1 run (pass failed); S--Claussen 7 run (Ward kick); T--Dunn 80 pass from Gordon (Ryan kick); S--Christopher 91 kickoff return (Ward kick); S--Daniel 61 pass from McKee (Ward kick); S--Daniel 97 pass from McKee (Ward kick); S--team safety; T--Oxendine 6 run (pass failed); S--Price 7 run (Berry kick); S--Price 2 run (Berry kick).
Records: Scott Co. 4-1, Tates Creek 2-3.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/08/16/23013...rylink=cpy
What's happened to the Maroon and White Creekers?

Back in the early 2000's.... you didn't want to see Tates Creek on your schedule. Now they're getting smashed 71-13.
Congrats Scott County. Whats going on over at Tates Creek??
McCameraMan Wrote:Congrats Scott County. Whats going on over at Tates Creek??
Well looks like NOTHING is going on with Tates. Same ol'e team and program. Great athletes, but zero coaching.
I cant believe Mike Harmon is not a good football Coach. He did a good job at Lafayette if I remember. I will bet there are baseball players that could lift this team way up the ladder.
That is a bunch of points for a 6A team to give up.
I told myself I wasn't going to post on this thread... but I couldn't help myself... :-)

Tates Creek moved the ball effectively against Scott Counties secondary. The ref's called a fumble in the End Zone on a one yard QB sneak (how you fumble in the end zone is beyond me? He was already in, and it was already a touchdown). There was also a TD taken away from Creek on a 10 QB scramble on 4th down. QB was actually up ended, but it looked like he had the ball over the pylon when he was hit out of bounds. However, NONE of this changes the out come of the game! It just makes Creek look a little less sad. 243 yards of passing offense in the first half for Creek against the #4 ranked team in 6A ball isn't to shabby. 3 Turnovers on their first 3 possessions didn't help Creek out, because there was no stopping the Cardinals offense. This is no different than the Harlan County game, only Creek didn't have the turnovers and did a better job finishing off drives... Well, after 2 good on side kicks!

Tates Creek has a lot of talent. I'd say there will be some serious evaluation of the defense this week. I'd even bet some kids will be moved around in their respective positions to make this team more competitive defensively... I'd also say there will be a lot of tackling drills being run this week... But if nothing is done to correct the problem on defense, this will be a long second half of the season for the 'dores...

Creek is 10 times better than they were last year, and has something to build on to finish up the second half of the season heading into the playoffs.

FYI: Scott County is the real deal... I expect Creek to be much more competitive moving forward having played a team of this caliber.