Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rowan 55 - Fleming 49
What an offensive game. The defenses for both teams were worn out.

The score at halftime was 27-25 Fleming.

Turnovers were the difference in this game. Fleming had 2 fumbles on kickoff returns. The last one with a little over 2:30 to play cost them the game. Rowan has not been turning the ball over as of late.

The officiating was suspect for both sides. In the 1st quarter Fleming was driving in the red zone. Rowan was called for a dead ball personal foul. Fleming was given half the distance to the goal; but not given a 1st Down. Which made it 3rd Down. They did not score on 3rd or 4th down and subsequently turned the ball over on downs on the 1. Rowan drove 99 yds for a touchdown. Last time I checked a personal foul was an automatic 1st down from Pee Wee to NFL. I may be wrong but I don't think I am.

Rowan got a personal foul for continueing to run when Moore didn't think he was down and a illegal substitution when no one ran on or off the field.

Overall a great win for Rowan. Some players stepped up and played with injuries and some stepped up and played to their potential.

:1::worthy:
Yes.... You're wrong. A personal foul does not include an automatic first down. So you've been doing it wrong since JFL....Confusedhh: