Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antonio Campbell transfers to Taft, OH
Holy Cross’ basketball team was dealt a large blow on Wednesday when it was confirmed that center Antonio Campbell has transferred to Taft High School in Cincinnati.

Campbell, an Ohio University commit, was one of the top two returning players in Northern Kentucky – along with Dixie’s Brandon Hatton – after averaging 19.5 points and 12.5 rebounds per game while shooting 54 percent from the field and 37 percent from beyond the arc. He had transferred to Holy Cross from Cincinnati College Prep Academy before last season, and was ruled eligible by the KHSAA by the start of games.

Despite graduating a host of seniors, including Jake Burger, from last year’s team, Campbell still gave the Indians a big advantage, literally, in the paint against most other teams coming into the 2012-13 season. At 6-foot-8, Campbell was one of the area’s biggest players, and his ability to carry an offense and a defense will be missed by the Indians.

Head Coach Erik Goetz will now have to shift focus and bring along a guard-oriented roster, led by seniors Christian McClendon and Burt Pouncy. Freshman point guard Markel McClendon will also play a big role for the Indians...

http://nkyfan.com/holy-cross-loses-big-man-to-taft/
AAU buddies were going to stay at Taft and Campbell decided to go back and play ball with them. He'll be eligible to play in Ohio since he lives in Cincinnati. Good luck to the big fella!

Holy Cross went from being a regional contender to 3rd in the district
Will be a tough task to get out of the district. Big blow for the Indians.
Heard he may be going back to Holy Cross now?
^ I just heard the same thing.
^ I won't get into specifics as to why he left and why he may be coming back on here, but PM me if you want to hear the whole story.
he's back
Confirmed this weekend he is back at HC and ready to play.