Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Colerain, OH 35 - Ryle 0
Colerain 35....Ryle 0

Ryle held Colerain to 21 points in 1st half but about 5 min into the 3rd Colerain put hammer down and finished the Raiders off.
Could have been worse..... Ryle's offense has to be the one of the most boring to watch, I've seen in a long time. Colerain dished out some nasty hits tonight. Best of luck the rest of the way to both teams.
Seems a lot of people thought it would be much worse.
This game was not close. Colerain was in control from the second play.

At times it looked like Colerain just toyed with Ryle. Colerain hurt themselves with a lot of penalties. At least two Colerain scores were nullified by penalties in the second half.

Good luck to both teams from here on.
Watching this one on Fox Ohio on the dish. That Colerain crew laid the wood to Ryle.
I had forgot about my question i had posted on the prediction thread about the cincy teams and nky teams.
Thanks to all of those who answered that for me.

I also seen a post in the prediction thread that stated Colerain ran the option.
Do they? Is it very effective?

My favorite offense has always been the option type offense that you rarely see anymore. IMHO, it can be the most effective high school offense out there because a lot of kids simply cant read the offense and its easy to bust open fullback dives and always gives you a chance out.

IMO, the biggest way an option offense can be stopped, and IMO the only way if ran effectively, is that the defense has to be faster. We ran the option to a T back in 09 and mowed through opponents racking up huge rushing yardage until we met Highlands in the playoffs, and they were simply to quick on the defensive side of the ball for it to work. If the defense is faster they'll have you tackled before you can even make a read.
LOL, acutally holding Colreain to 35 is a major accomplishment...
Watched this on Fox Sports Ohio and Colerain is veryyy athletic.
McCameraMan Wrote:Watched this on Fox Sports Ohio and Colerain is veryyy athletic.

Colerain clearly was working on their timing in the passing game for next week. The Ryle kids are tough because they were getting t'd off on. Their coaching staff was clearly not trying to win.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I had forgot about my question i had posted on the prediction thread about the cincy teams and nky teams.
Thanks to all of those who answered that for me.

I also seen a post in the prediction thread that stated Colerain ran the option.
Do they? Is it very effective?
My favorite offense has always been the option type offense that you rarely see anymore. IMHO, it can be the most effective high school offense out there because a lot of kids simply cant read the offense and its easy to bust open fullback dives and always gives you a chance out.

IMO, the biggest way an option offense can be stopped, and IMO the only way if ran effectively, is that the defense has to be faster. We ran the option to a T back in 09 and mowed through opponents racking up huge rushing yardage until we met Highlands in the playoffs, and they were simply to quick on the defensive side of the ball for it to work. If the defense is faster they'll have you tackled before you can even make a read.

Colerain may have the most effective option game in the country. They've been running it for 20+ years and have multiple wins against top out of state competition not to mention beating all of the GCL schools multiple times (they are the only school in the area who can do it consistently). They use it for all of their youth league teams. By the time a kid is a Freshman, he's been running the option for the Little Cards (as they are called) for 5 years.
McCameraMan Wrote:Watched this on Fox Sports Ohio and Colerain is veryyy athletic.

You should have seen them in '04....Good God. Best high school defense maybe ever.
30 going on 40 Wrote:You should have seen them in '04....Good God. Best high school defense maybe ever.

That sounds dangerous lol
30 going on 40 Wrote:Colerain may have the most effective option game in the country. They've been running it for 20+ years and have multiple wins against top out of state competition not to mention beating all of the GCL schools multiple times (they are the only school in the area who can do it consistently). They use it for all of their youth league teams. By the time a kid is a Freshman, he's been running the option for the Little Cards (as they are called) for 5 years.

Id like to see that.
I think only losing 35-0 is a moral victory for Ryle. They'll lose several more games by wider margins this year.
Chorn Wrote:I think only losing 35-0 is a moral victory for Ryle. They'll lose several more games by wider margins this year.

Moral victory? They didn't even try to win the game. Their offense was basically as effective as having the QB kneel it. They acted like the Chinese Olymic badmitton team. They just wanted the clock to run as fast as possible to avoid embarrassment. If you are going to play, at least try to win. Their offense was basically similar to the kind used by the great Yale teams of the late 1800's. Run the QB and never, ever, under any circumstance pass the ball.
You have to give them credit for stepping up and playing a school like that.... Warner proved he's taken Ryle to another level it's not like Simon Kenton who won't play cov cath let alone Highlands...