Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prestonsburg 38 Breathitt County 12 (JV)
Prestonsburg JV 2-0. Much better than last years squad.....
Whats the deal with Breathitt? Is all of there young kids playing varsity or what? Also, Congrats to P'burg!
The Blackcats JV looked very good last night. Much improvement from just a year ago. Very balanced on offense and very impressive as the 38 points show.

Like the varsity still some arm tackling on defense which must be addressed. Overall the JV defense played well.

You normally hear a reference in RB's as thunder & lightening duo. After seeing Grigsby tuck & run last night i think we have that combo in QB's. Jarrell is smaller & quicker than Grigsby. Grigsby is larger & still has speed, but instead of a juke he will try & run through you.

The connection on the deep ball between Grigsby & C. Jarrell looked good. C. Bartley had a nice run after the catch breaking a few tackles for the score. #32 ran hard between the tackles & was a load to bring down. Grigsby looked good on the QB keeper. The D-line was in the Bobcats backfield most of the night. #27 made some nice open field tackles. Just an overall good game for the JV.

Congrats Blackcats!!!
Maybe the JV coach had something to do with their terrible record last year!
32 was a horse to bring down. looks like the black cats have a very bright future to look forward to . 33 was a rockettt! with great hands as well . lots of young tallent on this jv team.
Mountain Pride Wrote:Maybe the JV coach had something to do with their terrible record last year!

LOL, maybe.
Coach Woods is a nice addition to the coahing staff.He is calling the plays, and doing a better job at it. Seems as though they have a balanced attack. I know its only JV, but its nice to see the young guys,who take a real beating in practice have some sucess.Alot of the kids asked to play on the jv team, it appears as though the enjoy playing together.
^ I like coach Woods passion for the game. It most definitely shows on the side lines, and the kids feed off of that.

I also thought the play calling was well balanced.