Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
South Laurel
15.00%
Russell County
85.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
South Laurel @ Russell County 8/31
After two road games, the Lakers finally get to play their 1st of only 4 home games this season. Both teams come in to this one off of wins, and in the game last season they combined for 99 points. This should be an offensive shootout. Who wins and why?
russell co. 54 south 14
Russell County continues its run to a 10-0 season.

Russell County 63
South 7
Russell Co.
Russell,Co 46 South Laurel 14.
Russell will need to adjust to a completely different style then they saw this past week. They have the athletes to cover anybody the cardinals put on the field. Last year our defense had their worst outing of the year giving up 39 points. Our db's dropped ints and misplayed balls all night...that will not happen again! I expect the Lakers to win big...still thinking about how big....prediction later!
I watched South Laurel Saturday against Lynn Camp. Hard to judge what they are capable of from that game. Everyone knows to expect them to spread the field and pass. How effective this will be against Russell's DB's will determine the outcome. I suspect RC will turn in a better performance than last year against the pass. I also suspect this will be helped by the D-line with more experience and ability to put more pressure on South Laurel's QB. I'm not ready to make a prediction yet but don't think it will be as big as some of you have predicted. South's offense lends itself to potential for big plays. If Russell can keep this to a minimum they should be fine. If not, could be closer that one may think.
I would like to see our defensive coaches rotate some of our quicker D linemen into the game to get after the quarterback allowing Adams and Bennett time to rest and focus on opening up holes for Britt and Fletcher.
Russell wins in a big fashion. It is the home opener for these lakers and they are coming off a big win agains Russell. I say Russell put up 64 points on the cardinals.
RC-64
SL-9
SL should be able to still throw the ball against Russel and score a few times, but, there defense will not be able to keep RC from scoreing more.
SL 20 RC 44
I don't want to put a number on it but Russell Co. is probably going to put up their highest point total of the season. It'll be an exciting home opener, that's for sure.

Hopefully Denzel's pain will subside and he'll at least be able to watch it from home.
Is SL that bad or is the Lakers that much better? Some of the predictions on here are BIG numbers.
Russell wins big
South Laurel throws the ball A LOT and it'll give Russell Co. a lot of opportunities to score, if it's close both teams will score 50+. The high numbers are more of a result of Laurel's style of play than anything Russell Co. does.
LakerLifer Wrote:Is SL that bad or is the Lakers that much better? Some of the predictions on here are BIG numbers.

Both.
Russel can name the score.:trolldad:
Ellis should have a big game!! As should Mann, Britt, Fletcher, Short, Whittle...etc,etc. We have really have developed more weapons this year or at least we seem willing to use them. Whittle had a phenomenal game against Whitley on both sides of the ball. Fletcher doesn't have all the moves that Britt has but he hits the whole hard and is just as fast. I expect to see Cox make more of an impact as well.
Lakers
By the way, awesome video!
Russell = Running clock
Russell Co
Lakers All The WAY!!!!!
Lakers going away.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Russell Co. Will beat the krap out of SL. ER day for SL.
South will score some points, but they will give up more.
Russell County 56 - South Laurel 14