Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 49 Collins 26
Final
Like I said Collins is a long way from the likes of Boyle,Cov Cath,Lex Cath and Highlands!
Boyle played well at times,but 4 or 5 turnovers is way to many.they got aways to go,but by seasons end they should be pretty good.
Collins had way too many turnovers and could not stop the run at all.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle played well at times,but 4 or 5 turnovers is way to many.they got aways to go,but by seasons end they should be pretty good.

Boyle has had a lot of turn overs in first two games, did they have a lot for the season last year?
Jack Lambert Wrote:Boyle played well at times,but 4 or 5 turnovers is way to many.they got aways to go,but by seasons end they should be pretty good.

I agree. Boyle only gave up about 170 yards, which was great to hear. However, all four touchdowns from Collins was by Harris(#22), all big yard plays. Boyle continued to give up the big play. Overall, this was a good test for the Rebels because it gave them a few more things to work on. Boyle County rushed for over 400 yards in this game and I believe Burke had over 200 yards and 4 touchdowns. Good luck to Rebels next wekk.
blue1424 Wrote:Collins had way too many turnovers and could not stop the run at all.

Both teams seemed to have to turnover bug. With that said, the turnovers had nothing to do with the outcome.
JustGoWithIt Wrote:I agree. Boyle only gave up about 170 yards, which was great to hear. However, all four touchdowns from Collins was by Harris(#22), all big yard plays. Boyle continued to give up the big play. Overall, this was a good test for the Rebels because it gave them a few more things to work on. Boyle County rushed for over 400 yards in this game and I believe Burke had over 200 yards and 4 touchdowns. Good luck to Rebels next wekk.

#22 is DeAndre Farris. I don't think the PA announcer got a name right all night long. If Burke is #20 he did very good job running the ball. Collins couldn't stop him at all.

JustGoWithIt Wrote:Both teams seemed to have to turnover bug. With that said, the turnovers had nothing to do with the outcome.

I agree.
congrats to the running rebels!!
blue1424 Wrote:#22 is DeAndre Farris. I don't think the PA announcer got a name right all night long. If Burke is #20 he did very good job running the ball. Collins couldn't stop him at all.

I agree.

Thanks for the correction. I thought he was saying Harris. Farris is a big time playmaker.

Burke is #20. He had a very good game tonight. The ground game in general was very successful for the Rebels.
I was really hoping that Boyle would have some sort of passing attack, but it looks like they are going to be too one dimensional again. Also, their defense seems to be very weak this year.
Boyle ran the ball almost all of the time but I guess until the Defense shows they can stop it, that's the way to go. But I would like to see Boyle line up with some wide out receivers. At least then the Defense wouldn't know what's coming. Boyle has a long way to go before they can beat Lexington Catholic or Highlands. Hopefully they can get there by year's end.
I hate to disagree with a fellow fan,but i don't think they have along way to go to beat Lexington catholic.Highlands is another matter though.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I hate to disagree with a fellow fan,but i don't think they have along way to go to beat Lexington catholic.Highlands is another matter though.

I think you might be right, If Boyle can keep down the number of turnovers,progress the passing game a little better and have the DB's ready for a steady dose of passing (D line has to put pressure on Bolin), they can give LC a good game and may even be able to beat them. There are a lot of Ifs though.
Boyle Cty line dominated Collins line, but Collins never let down, was on scoring drive in 4th with under 2 mins. to go until 3rd interception. Merry Christmas! Leading Receiver for Collins out at the half with shoulder injury. Senior dominated (18) Boyle over Jr. dominated Collins (4-6 Srs.). Would love to have another shot at Boyle at end of year AND next year. Good game Rebels!
Collins Jr dominated team did pretty good against a great Boyle Cty program and team (18 seniors) coming off big loss to Highlands...knew they would be hard to beat on their home field, first home game of the year, but our Titans never let down. Wish I did scheduling for Collins...would love to put Boyle on for 2013! May happen anyway if either one of us can get past Highlands and others! Hope so. Good game Rebels.
SimpTitan Wrote:Collins Jr dominated team did pretty good against a great Boyle Cty program and team (18 seniors) coming off big loss to Highlands...knew they would be hard to beat on their home field, first home game of the year, but our Titans never let down. Wish I did scheduling for Collins...would love to put Boyle on for 2013! May happen anyway if either one of us can get past Highlands and others! Hope so. Good game Rebels.

You all had some very talented athletes. And I did not know you were down a reciever. Boyle was also missing a senior wideout (hoping to get him back in a couple of weeks). Collins could have given up after Boyle went up by three scores late, but they kept fighting. Good luck the rest of the year.