Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville @ Harlan Friday 8/17 LIVE on PikeTV Online
EDIT: The Game will not be broadcasted tonight due to lack of internet service at the field. You can still tune in on the Oldies Radio Network 98.1. Replays will be shown live on PikeTV Channel 99 and on their website, the first will be Monday at 8:00 PM.

Tonight's game is planned to be broadcasted live on PikeTV, a local TV channel here in Pikeville/Pike County.

This is a pretty cool new feature and I hope everything goes smoothly tonight. Last season they had the Pikeville radio feed along with this video. If there is lack of internet connection at Harlan, the game will have to be tape delayed.

It will replay Monday at 8 PM on PikeTV. And hopefully a couple more times next week.

Here is the link:

https://new.livestream.com/piketvlive/phs

Should go live around kickoff. If there is not internet connection, the game can be heard at the Oldies Radio Network and a link can be found at:

www.ekbsports.com

Good luck to both teams! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Very interesting... just made my evening as I planned to at least listen to part of this game. Any Belfry games going to be on there this year or is it only going to be Pikeville?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Very interesting... just made my evening as I planned to at least listen to part of this game. Any Belfry games going to be on there this year or is it only going to be Pikeville?
From PikeTV: "We just received word that Harlan's football field has no internet connection, so we won't be streaming the game tonight. You can still listen live on the Oldies Radio Network 98.1. It will also begin airing Monday night at 8pm on Pike TV."

PikeTV does a lot of Belfry games as well (In fact, most nights they will send crews to both games, they either did go or almost went to North Carolina with PHS last season), I'd say they will pick the more entertaining game between the two each week to stream. But during the week they show replays constantly, even WPRG games that those guys are so nice to help out with. You can always go to the PikeTV website to check the schedule and they always have a live feed of their channel so you can watch Belfry replays there.

Last season, the channel was just getting started, so it was a trial run and the games were not archived, however a lot of their programming is, so hopefully this season they will archive games. But, I could see coaches not being thrilled with that idea lol, maybe that is why they are not archived.
Harlan should win this game being a veteran team, but the weather may be a factor if it's raining Pikeville will have a better chance.