Aug 31, 12 DeSales (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 7, 12 Ballard (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 Western (home) 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 St. Xavier (away 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 12 Elizabethtown (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 12 Henry County (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 LaRue County (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Pleasure Ridge Park (away) 7:30 PM
They will be right there in the Title hunt again.
They will win the state title over Belfry again, although in much bigger fashion this time.
They will have one of the top defenses in the State of Kentucky regardless of class. They return the majority of their 2-deep on defense including stud LB's Francis and Styles. Their defense will be experienced, lightning fast, and hard hitting. As Bell County and Corbin can attest, their defense can also do some scoring on their own, sometimes even enough to win the game themselves.

Offensively Central appears to be the most vulnerable they have been in several years. They lose one of the State's All-Time leading rushers in Wales as well as their QB Milliken who essentially accounted for everything else they produced last season. Central will always have talented skill players lined up, but nonetheless I would expect some growing pains from the Jackets as they break in a new crop. Deris Cox was #2 on the Depth Chart last year and certainly appeared to be Wales' replacement, but in the Finals he was stymied by Belfry and gave way to Jaquez Howard who was very impressive despite his smaller stature. Tae Shawn Gibbs was a threat at WR and should be solid wherever they use him.

Even though Belfry had them firmly on the ropes, until a 3A team can actually defeat Central they will remain the team to beat until proven otherwise.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:They will have one of the top defenses in the State of Kentucky regardless of class. They return the majority of their 2-deep on defense including stud LB's Francis and Styles. Their defense will be experienced, lightning fast, and hard hitting. As Bell County and Corbin can attest, their defense can also do some scoring on their own, sometimes even enough to win the game themselves.

Offensively Central appears to be the most vulnerable they have been in several years. They lose one of the State's All-Time leading rushers in Wales as well as their QB Milliken who essentially accounted for everything else they produced last season. Central will always have talented skill players lined up, but nonetheless I would expect some growing pains from the Jackets as they break in a new crop. Deris Cox was #2 on the Depth Chart last year and certainly appeared to be Wales' replacement, but in the Finals he was stymied by Belfry and gave way to Jaquez Howard who was very impressive despite his smaller stature. Tae Shawn Gibbs was a threat at WR and should be solid wherever they use him.

Even though Belfry had them firmly on the ropes, until a 3A team can actually defeat Central they will remain the team to beat until proven otherwise.

Very well said EKUAlum05.:Thumbs:
Central is loaded, enough said
Luckily, assuming KHSAA listing was correct, Jacquez Howard graduates. Central will be Central, led by one of the state's top coaches (Who I'm willing to bet is in his final seasons at Central, U of L graduate, Can't see him not getting a chance there eventually) but may have a tougher road with an inexperienced offense this year. I have heard Gibbs can play QB. Would be a scary weapon back there. I've grown to respect Central and their program, however, here's to hoping 3A is brought home to Pond Creek on 2012! Lol.
Just glad that if Bell County wins their district and make it to the Regional Finals Central travels to Log Mountain.
Bell Co was scared to death last year. Maybe at home, they will give a better effort
Old Henry Man Wrote:Bell Co was scared to death last year. Maybe at home, they will give a better effort

They won't be this time at home I think that it could be the other way around.