Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ncc 2012
Their only losses last year were tight ones to Holy Cross (State champion) and Beechwood. Who all returns, and how do they match up with the rest of their class this year?
Josh Cain will take over as QB and will be one of the best in NKY.
they will really miss their do it all man Brady!!!!
Brady Hightchew will be missed. Anyone who can throw for 1,500+ yards and run for 1,000+ is ridiculously good. Dusty, could you tell me more about Josh Cain? I don't know much about him, other than seeing his stats...which certainly don't look bad for a backup (24/33, 324 yards, 3 TDs last season as a JR).
what about Mac Franzen? i thought he was the backup QB last year?
birdman44 Wrote:what about Mac Franzen? i thought he was the backup QB last year?

Josh was the back-up, Mac was a receiver and never threw a pass of the Breds last year.. There is the kid who has also transferred in from Arizona who was an outstanding QB there. It sounds like he played more like Brady (short and fast) and instead of putting him behind center, use him more as a wing. This summer will give them plenty of time to decide. But Josh has all the tools, size, strength and accuracy, to be a very good HS QB. Josh had a much better passer rating than Brady last year.
Other reports (see below) also have Mitchell Trail, an apparently highly-rated QB from an Arizona H.S. transfer (he grew up in and has family in Campbell County so they are moving back home) who will be a senior in 2012 as the likely new QB. Sounds like they have a number of good candidates and perhaps a little competition for the position.

http://www.tristatefootball.com/articles...cleID=3837

Kentucky Football
Wednesday, March 28, 2012
NewCath Lands Top Transfer
By Greg Shoemaker | Featured Analyst

Newport Central Catholic head coach Eddie Eviston confirmed with TriStateFootball.com that quarterback Mitchell Trail has enrolled at the school and will be suiting up for the Thoroughbreds next fall. Trail threw for 1,694 yards with 16 touchdown passes and 11 interceptions in nine games as junior for Gilbert High School near Phoenix, AZ in 2011. At 5-foot-9 and 170 pounds Trail is built similar to Brady Hightchew who had been under center for the NewCath offense the past three seasons. Trail should flourish in Eviston's offense that is conducive to quarterbacks being successful.

http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/varsity...3ce6c.html

Gilbert QB Mitch Trail leaving school

Posted: Wednesday, February 1, 2012 1:05 pm | Updated: 2:55 pm, Wed Feb 1, 2012.

By Mark Heller, Tribune | 1 comment

Gilbert quarterback Mitch Trail is moving east.

On Wednesday, Trail said he's moving to Newport, Kentucky and will attend Newport Central Catholic for his senior year.

Tigers coach Leland Rodgers - who was officially hired by the school Tuesday afternoon - said Wednesday that he spoke briefly with Trail. Rodgers believes either a family or job-related situation is the impetus behind the move.

"Regardless of what happened (in hiring a new coach) I think it was something his family had to do," Rodgers said. "You wish him luck and hope he'll be successful his senior year."

Trail threw for 1,694 yards, 16 touchdowns and 11 interceptions in nine games as the team's starting QB last fall, though he, like everyone else, would have a new system to learn under Rodgers.

But he was one of the better returning quarterbacks in the East Valley, and, along with receiver Connor Helvig, could have been a cornerstone of the Tigers offense next season.

See also
http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/re...ail-123407
5-9 170 makes him even smaller than Hightchew
It's a two team race in Northern Ky 2A football. Can they beat Holy Cross. That should be their focus. As of right now their district goes though Latonia until proven otherwise
NCC has what? 3 state titles in 60 years of football? They'll be closed before they win another one.
^ My man!!! I knew you would come back if I posted something about NCC.