Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Former WVU Coach Dies after Apparent Heart Attack
Quote:ROANOKE, W.Va. (WSAZ) -- Former WVU Football Coach Bill Stewart has died after an apparent heart attack.

Stewart was playing golf at the Stonewall Resort Monday with former WVU AD Eddie Pastilong when he collapsed.

WVU has released the following statement:
"Former West Virginia football coach Bill Stewart has died this afternoon from an apparent heart attack. No further details are available at this time."

Stewart was named head football coach to the Mountaineers in 2007 after then coach Rich Rodriguez left for Michigan.

He'd gone 28-12 in three seasons after taking over for Rodriguez but failed to earn a Bowl Championship Series berth.

Stewart resigned in 2011 amidst controversy of bringing in new coach Dana Holgorsen on board.

Stewart was 59-years-old.
http://www.wsaz.com/breaking/home/Former...26525.html
Very sad/ RIP
wow, this is very sad
From what I heard he was a upstanding guy who loved his program. RIP
Mountaineer fans have heavy hearts this evening. I vividly recall the fall of 1975 when Bill Stewart had his very first coaching job at my alma mater Sistersville HS. RIP Bill!!!
Yeah this is just sad. Bill was a GREAT GUY. Always sad to get this kind of news. Prayers go out to all of Mountaineer Nation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This sucks. Bill was a great guy, and going 9-4 three years in a row at WVU is pretty good. Never felt he was treated well at WVU. RIP, prayers go out to the family.
wow, this surprising.
RIP
sad
In loving memory of Coach Bill Stewart (1952-2012)

"Leave no doubt!!!!!"