Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati basketball players accused of assaulting night club bouncer
CINCINNATI, OH (FOX19) -
A bouncer at PLAY night club on East Seventh Street downtown filed an official police report Sunday claiming he was punched and kicked by several members of the Bearcats basketball team while he was just trying to do his job Saturday night.

Brian McLucas said he asked several UC basketball players to move from a section in the club's VIP area. "I know for a fact that they were UC basketball players because my boss told me they (were) whenever he said I'm letting these guys go up on stage and hang out for a while," said McLucas

The PLAY bouncer said the players sat down at someone else's VIP table. "I'm asking you guys to get up. You're drinking her alcohol," said McLucas. "And I said, you guys are making rude racial remarks towards her. And I said you guys need to get up."

The players apparently refused to move and became rather vocal at that point. "I said you guys need to calm down. And whenever I did that I looked to the right of me and right as I looked to the right of me I seen the dude take three quick steps and punch me in the eye," said McLucas.

PLAY night club's management did not want to comment at this time, but McLucas says his bosses know exactly which UC players were on the VIP list and inside play on Saturday night.

FOX19 contacted UC's athletic department Sunday evening. A spokesman said this was the first he had heard of the incident and had no comment.

FOX19 is not identifying the player(s) involved as not to impede the police investigation.

Copyright 2012 FOX19. All Rights Reserved
no surprise here
Big shocker!
Cincinnati Jailcats
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
They just join the list of UC greats that make Cincy the Nasty Nati

Art Long: punched a police horse after Danny Fortson called the cop "Uncle Tom"
Corrie Blount: felony drug and gun charges (15 years after he played at UC though)
Donald Little: tied up and beat roommate
Bob Huggins: DUI
One thing right after another for Thug U.
after hearing and reading more about this story, there are a few things that have me thinking

1. This bouncer was looking for a fight. I've bounced and worked security at night clubs before. It's simple, you ask them to move politely if it seemed like it was a mistake. If they don't want to move, contact the cops and it becomes their mess.

2. Who calls the news before they report a crime like this and who waits that long to report it?

With all that being said, there's no way Cronin will keep the accused player on the team unless he's found completely innocent.
^ Agreed.
No formal charges will be made, but that didn't stop Cronin from taking action as he dismissed Octavius Ellis from the team due to the incident.

http://nky.cincinnati.com/article/AB/201...y=nav|head

From Cronin: “Octavius didn’t adhere to the standard of conduct I expect from members of our team. I will work to help him find a fresh start at a new program because I do care very much for him as a person. I believe he can benefit from being in a new environment. That’s likely what will help him the best to learn and mature from this.”
^ I love Cronin. I have really taken a liking to the guy!