Aug 31, 12 Lewis County (home) 7:30 PM
Sep 7, 12 East Carter (home) 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 Estill County (away) 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 Garrard County (home) 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 12 Western Hills (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 12 Powell County (home) 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Bourbon County (away) 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Nicholas County (home) 7:30 PM
Wonder what prompted Bath and Estill to move their District game from week 8 to week 4?
You know I've just now seen that. I'll ask around and see
Game was changed because of Bath County's Fall Break
The Wildcats have lost some significant seniors in 2011. But this senior class in the upcoming season is by far the best one since their last winning season in 2009 when they made the second round of the playoffs, coming up short in Corbin. This senior class consists of the lefty QB Kissick who is on several Div. 1 recruiting lists. The Cats are getting stronger and more experienced. They play a tough district with Estill, Garrad, Powell, Bourbon and Western Hills. The Cats can take the district, but not without some tough road wins.
theredstorm45 Wrote:The Wildcats have lost some significant seniors in 2011. But this senior class in the upcoming season is by far the best one since their last winning season in 2009 when they made the second round of the playoffs, coming up short in Corbin. This senior class consists of the lefty QB Kissick who is on several Div. 1 recruiting lists. The Cats are getting stronger and more experienced. They play a tough district with Estill, Garrad, Powell, Bourbon and Western Hills. The Cats can take the district, but not without some tough road wins.

You and I usually agree and we are pretty close here. Best mix of talent since the 2008 team - yes. Stronger - yes, may be strongest team top to bottom ever. Tough district - yes. All 5 district games will be close, hard fought games win or lose. No blowouts in this district this year.

Here is the key to the whole thing....chemistry. The chemistry among the players the last couple of years has been bad. I will not hide it or downplay it. Alot of them simply did not like each other. I can tell you that has changed; on the field, on the sidelines, in the weight room, on the street, everywhere. Time will tell about this season but IF the change that I have seen holds then it will be the best season in years.

My first call....7-3 regular season. #2 or #3 seed in the playoffs. Anybody's game from there to Thanksgiving.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:You and I usually agree and we are pretty close here. Best mix of talent since the 2008 team - yes. Stronger - yes, may be strongest team top to bottom ever. Tough district - yes. All 5 district games will be close, hard fought games win or lose. No blowouts in this district this year.

Here is the key to the whole thing....chemistry. The chemistry among the players the last couple of years has been bad. I will not hide it or downplay it. Alot of them simply did not like each other. I can tell you that has changed; on the field, on the sidelines, in the weight room, on the street, everywhere. Time will tell about this season but IF the change that I have seen holds then it will be the best season in years.

My first call....7-3 regular season. #2 or #3 seed in the playoffs. Anybody's game from there to Thanksgiving.

I thought they lost several starters from last season? I agree that this group of seniors is solid. They also have a great group of 8th graders moving up to be freshman.
Who do you think will be their toughest games next year?
All district games will be tough. No blowouts. Garrard, Powell, Western Hills will be tough opponents and Im sure Estill and Bourbon will play solid games as well. Then our EKC opponents like West Carter, Fleming and Nicholas, who are considered rivals. Nicholas by far the biggest rival, Bath and Nicholas meet every year and the past few years the wins are being traded between both teams. Thats what keeps it a rivalry. I think Bath can handle the conference easily and could share or take the title. And we cant forget about Lewis County who won their district last year for the first time in years and completely surprised its opponents.

Go Cats!
I am looking forward to the Bath vs Fleming game! I think it will be a good game and it is the first game of the season!
thecoacher Wrote:I thought they lost several starters from last season? I agree that this group of seniors is solid. They also have a great group of 8th graders moving up to be freshman.
Who do you think will be their toughest games next year?

In my opinion, the toughest games will be Fleming, Garrard, and Bourbon. I think Fleming will contend for the title in District 6 this year, and I think Garrard and Bourbon are both going to be very good. Would not be surprised to see the new coaching staff at Bourbon have them playing on Thanksgiving weekend vs. Belfry/ Breathitt Co.

I do have a difference of opinion with the red storm though...I do not think Nicholas is our biggest rival. Never have. We have played them more than anyone esle but it is not a border war my any means. If I were making the schedule, when the new alignment came out last year I would have dropped Nicholas and kept Morgan Co. Actually, If I made the schedule I would do everything in my power to get Rowan Co. back on the schedule. If we ever had a true football rival it was them. Sad that we don't play any longer at the high school level. We play them from 3rd grade on up thru 8th grade but not after that.
I do agree with Rowan County being the biggest rival, in any sport. And I also agree with the comment about Bourbon County. Every student and alumni from Bath has never liked that ugly Green of the Vikings and I would love to see Rowan on the schedule again in the near future. The last time the Cats faced them, it was a preseason Grid game in 2008 where the Cats dominated the 3 quarters they played. It would be a great game and would turn out a large crowd if this ever was to happen again. Also I agree that the Fleming game would be a great game, it is always a hard hitting matchup and should be a good way to start off the 2012 season.
thecoacher Wrote:I am looking forward to the Bath vs Fleming game! I think it will be a good game and it is the first game of the season!

Winner of this game may get on a roll that carries them thru district. Both are going to be surprisingly better teams than the last 2 years.
Heard the QB was the Real Deal