Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry 2006
Now that Basketball season is over and Spring Practice is in full swing, what is your opinion on Belfry's strengths and weaknesses for the upcoming season?

I know that replacing Matt in the backfield will be a huge job. I know that there are some upcoming sophmores that are pretty quick and agile, not to mention strong. I know that Dustin May and Corey Chapman will be there again, but who will round out the spot that Matt leaves?

Defense should be strong this year. We have some very good defensive players returning..G Epling, Nick Bowe, Dustin May, Phillip Hickman, Devin Kohari, ...etc.

What do you think?
I think replacing Matt will be the biggest hurdle. If from what I'm hearing some players that didn't play last year are coming back, the line will be ok and strong. the rest I believe will work itself out.
Crossbones Wrote:I think replacing Matt will be the biggest hurdle. If from what I'm hearing some players that didn't play last year are coming back, the line will be ok and strong. the rest I believe will work itself out.

I agree 100%, although I thought that relpacing David and Doug would be next to impossible, but Matt, Dustin, and Corey all stepped their game up to the challenge and was amazingly fun to watch. I know that there is some kid on the sidelines ready to step up to it this year.
Dustin and Corey will be a force again in the Pirate backfield and the hosses returning on the O & D lines, were very green last year due to having to replace alot of seniors from 2004. These lines will be a veteran line and and most of them are only sophomores & juniors.

IMO, if everything falls into place this year, we could be playing football in December again !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BelfryPride Wrote:Dustin and Corey will be a force again in the Pirate backfield and the hosses returning on the O & D lines, were very green last year due to having to replace alot of seniors from 2004. These lines will be a veteran line and and most of them are only sophomores & juniors.

IMO, if everything falls into place this year, we could be playing football in December again !!!

VERY TRUE POST!! There's nothing like BELFRY FOOTBALL IN DECEMEBER!!I think our boys have the talent and heart to do it again and I know they want it, they want to show people the can win it with or without Doug and David!
I dont think they'll be as explosive as they have been in the past but they'll get a #1 seed in the Distict !
This may be the year for a new king of the district to emerge.
Sponge Bob Wrote:This may be the year for a new king of the district to emerge.

Only if Belfry has been moved to one of the Louisville 4a districts. :1: TongueirateSho Smile
Belfry will be fine this year. I think they will be better than last year.
But does anyone know who is standing out in spring practice?
Who is qb for spring. I know Kohari and Preston plays baseball. Also Corey Chapman and Dustin May plays.
Nick Bowe is QB for spring. Nick Bowe will be QB for the red team. Andrew Elkins will QB the white team at this Thursday nights red vs white game at 6:00pm.
BurntTires Wrote:Nick Bowe is QB for spring. Nick Bowe will be QB for the red team. Andrew Elkins will QB the white team at this Thursday nights red vs white game at 6:00pm.

Free Admission for all that would like to come and watch!