Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Parental Control on MTV
This is a show where parents don't like the person that their kid's dating, so they pick someone out for their kids to go on a date with, it's stupid to think that kids would change who they're dating just for their parents right?  Every episode I'd watch, the kid wouldn't pick who their parents picked, even if they've only been with them for a few months or less.  Anyways, there's a gay episode, the dude picks a dude who his parents picked, which is fine, who cares, but, there was this one episode where this girl and this guy have been dating for three years, after one date with one of the dude her parents picked, she chooses the new guy.

How stupid is that?  I can understand a few weeks or few months, but three years, and leaves him after two hours with some guy she just met? 

Am I the only one who thinks this is stupid?
Sounds pretty stupid to me too
If that's the episode I saw, one of them lived on the east coast and the other on the west coast which makes it that much worse IMO.  But does it really matter?  She'll just hang out with the new guy a little more and see how it goes and then go back to her ex if things don't work out.
It's a TV show, you have to take into account that some of it can be staged, but then again some can't. It's all for publicity, and to make money for MTV, it's probably rigged, just like anything else on TV now adays.
[quote author=Cameron Crazy link=topic=21148.msg214819#msg214819 date=1142951604]
It's a TV show, you have to take into account that some of it can be staged, but then again some can't. It's all for publicity, and to make money for MTV, it's probably rigged, just like anything else on TV now adays.
[/quote]

I guess so, but it's stupid to me
Sounds pretty dumb. I wouldn't throw away even a few months on someone that I had only known for a couple of hours. I would at least talk to them and get to know them ALOT better before I made ANY decisions like that.
I have seen the show a bunch of times...I like the show but I agree with you all I wouldnt just give up a long term relationship because some chick took me out to the park for a picnic or something!
I watch every episode, me and DTfan both. I wouldn't give up a long term relationship for someone you just met. I know that I wouldn't give up the relationship I'm in right now for anything, we will be dating 10 months the end of this month. YAY
Eagles Wrote:I have seen the show a bunch of times...I like the show but I agree with you all I wouldnt just give up a long term relationship because some chick took me out to the park for a picnic or something!

I love some of the MTV reality shows- Real World, Inferno, Gauntlett, Next, but I can't stand some of them- like Parental Control, Room Raiders- although it can be cool sometimes (I always wondered how everyone always had clean undies, I've only seen one room that didn't), date my mom. But it gets repetetive because I only switch through MTV, ESPN, and comedy central (except on like monday nights with stuff like Prison Break, 24, few others)
I like this show, its pretty cool..But I would not give up a long term relationship for some lil fling...lol...Thats about all those dates really end up to be
Basketballer Wrote:I like this show, its pretty cool..But I would not give up a long term relationship for some lil fling...lol...Thats about all those dates really end up to be

Most of the dads need to quit being little girls and just beat their daughter's boyfriend's ass
MTV has hit rock bottom. Before long they'll be a HBO channel.
I've seen this show a couple of times and its pretty good
Didn't see the show, but maybe She was ready for a change anyway. Who Knows, but we will never know, until the expose` comes out. Smile
How do these ugly losers that the parents are trying to replace get these hot girls??
i would hate to be on this show