Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville vs. Belfry 1988 Highlights
Hillard Howard's Pikeville Panthers outlast the Philip Haywood led Pirates of Belfry 26-14 in a very sloppy game, with multiple turnovers by both teams, at the WC Hambley Athletic Complex in Pikeville. Jody Brown got the action going as he returned the opening kickoff 93 yards for a Panther TD. Belfry would respond to take a 7-6 led, but then the Panthers scored 2 unanswered TDs to ultimately pull away and take the win over their arch rivals from Pond Creek. The 1988 PHS team would eventually go on to win the Class A State Championship over Harrodsburg as part 2 of the first ever 3-Peat in Kentucky High School Football History.

[YOUTUBE="Pikeville vs. Belfry 1988"]AOVmeWm_XEo[/YOUTUBE]
P.T., you are the man!! I love how you do these. Thanks!
No problem, enjoy doing it!
How cool is this!!!!
Thanks P.T. Always look forward to this. Appreciate the time and effort that goes into thats put into it.
Nice video....keep'em coming
Wish someone else had video of the other state championships.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Wish someone else had video of the other state championships.
I have all three, but since they are really big games, I have chosen to delay the release of the highlights for strategic points in the season, when they would see the most viewers. Until then, there are numerous other games that I have to work with when I get the time.

1988 will probably be released in the early part of this season and 1989 in the latter part of the year.

And if any Panther fans could help me with film from football or basketball from any year, PM me. I am trying my best to help preserve a lot of the film that I come across.
Nice job on the videos Panther Thunder!! Nothing like good ol' fashioned smash mouth football to watch...nice game.