Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clay County 7 North Laurel 3
at north
and suddenly the 13th gets very interesting!
nice district win for the tigers.Smith was nasty for clay and the defense was solid.Clay hit some hard shots throughout the game.North is very talented and didnt play their best but Clay showed they will not back down in the 13th this year.
Who are Clay's top hitters this season? I know Griffin, Wilson and Gilbert graduated last year.
Corum and Hensley are top two hitters, but Clay is pretty well balanced. 5 or 6 guys hitting over .300. 6 or 7 with on base percentage over .400 . I think 4 with obp over 500. 7 guys have hit homeruns with Allen and Hensley both hitting two. Not as many homeruns as last year, but that is every team with the new BBCOR bats.
I never saw this coming. Nice win for the tigers. Can you give us any more details, jed?
FanofThegame12 Wrote:I never saw this coming. Nice win for the tigers. Can you give us any more details, jed?

Not much to tell about them. They have 3 good arms in Smith, Hensley, and Hoskins. Also have 3 real consistent sticks in Corum, Hensley, and Smith. When the young kids swing it well they are better than anybody around. When they don't swing it well they can lose to anybody. They are getting better each time out though. Tip of the hat to Coach Smith for really developing these kids.
Tremendous win for Clay.
Congrats.Nice win.