Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manual guard LeAsia Wright commits to Western Kentucky
Manual High School senior guard LeAsia Wright became the fourth senior on the Lady Crimsons' roster to pick a school, committing to Western Kentucky on Monday.

The 5-foot-8 Wright helped the Lady Crimsons to the Kentucky state title as a senior and picked WKU over Austin Peay.

“I think it's a fantastic fit,” Manual coach Stacy Pendleton said. “With the new staff and new enthusiasm, to be able to bring in a guard that will be able to help them right away is a great pickup. I'm happy for them and for (Wright).”

Wright averaged 9.7 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.5 steals and 2.4 assists a game for Manual. She said new WKU coach Michelle Clark-Heard, a former Louisville assistant coach, was a “big reason” she picked the Lady Toppers.

“I liked her and what she had to say,” Wright said. “It's going to be up-and-down and a lot of defensive pressure just like Manual. They needed a point guard who can come in and will get a chance to play.”

Wright is the second commitment for Clark-Heard, who picked up junior-college guard Bianca McGee on Saturday. Green County guard Micah Jones and New Albany forward Jalynn McClain signed with the previous staff.

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article...ky?Avis=B2
Congrats to LeAsia!! She will do well at WKU!!