Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rockcastle County 10 - Estill County 4
What in the world happened?

Last I heard Estill was leading 4-2 Top 6
Strikeout King Wrote:What in the world happened?

Last I heard Estill was leading 4-2 Top 6

Like I told you on the prediction thread bud, Rockcastle is really good....or really bad. They were really bad for one inning, the second I think...and just got out of it. They were really good for one inning...the seventh when the bats turned on. Ben Lake pitched the entire game for Rockcastle and got stronger as the game progressed. He struck out three or four in the last two innings and helped himself by going four for four (4 singles) plus one walk to get on base all five times he was at the plate. Nice game for him. When they were bad, they bumbled balls, muffed easy plays and couldn't buy an out. When they were good...the balls started coming off of the bats and a few plays were made. Good luck to Estill on the rest of the season, see you all next Monday.
Who Pitched for Estill? I didn't get home from work until 6 and by the time I took a shower and everything it was after 7.

I hope Estill get's to play all of their games next week (Rock, Owsley, Bryan Station, Clark County) it's calling for Rain, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday unless it's changed since 7
From what ive seen in the 5 years i played at ECHS, when we lose a game 99% of the time we were winning and had momentum. The main problem we always had was finishing, or "putting the foot on the throat". But from the last meetings with rockcastle they appear to be a good club.
Strikeout King Wrote:Who Pitched for Estill? I didn't get home from work until 6 and by the time I took a shower and everything it was after 7.

I hope Estill get's to play all of their games next week (Rock, Owsley, Bryan Station, Clark County) it's calling for Rain, Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday unless it's changed since 7

I don't know what the name of the kid was that pitched for Estill. It was number 2 who pitched the first four innings or so. He did a pretty good job. Estill brought in number 8 who threw submarine style and he did ok at first and had a nice changeup that suprised me that he didn't use very much. He started to have trouble with his location and you know how things go when you get in a slide and it snowballed. They brought in a big boy for the cleanup who had a pretty fast throw.
papagrit Wrote:I don't know what the name of the kid was that pitched for Estill. It was number 2 who pitched the first four innings or so. He did a pretty good job. Estill brought in number 8 who threw submarine style and he did ok at first and had a nice changeup that suprised me that he didn't use very much. He started to have trouble with his location and you know how things go when you get in a slide and it snowballed. They brought in a big boy for the cleanup who had a pretty fast throw.

Sounds like they started Jantzen, Went to Clay, and then threw Tuttle.
Well...the name Jantzen sounds familiar. He pitched really well and our boys just couldn't get a head of steam. They had some trouble at first with the Clay kid pitching pretty well, but, he lost some control and it snowballed on him. The Tuttle kid pitched hard with a little loss of control occasionally. I think if Estill had put in Tuttle before Clay, it might have been different. He throws pretty hard. I don't know who will pitch for Rockcastle Monday night. Possibly Saylor (34) or the returning from an injury McDaniel (9).
I really hope Estill and Rock continue playing next year. Estill should be a lot better next year than this year or at least I'm hoping they are. But it's this year. I hope Estill can get things turned around