Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Source: Derek Fisher to be bought out
The Houston Rockets are finalizing a buyout with former Los Angeles Lakers guard Derek Fisher, according to a league source.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/770644...ing-source
What is a buyout?
Means is he's gonna be a free agent and can sign with anyone
So does that mean he will go back to the Lakers?
He could yes
So what do the Rockets get? A first round pick?

I hope the Rockets pay nothing. Derek Fisher has been a big baby about getting traded. He won't even show up, lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Why would the Rockets have to buy out his contract???
^BINGO! I despise the notion of a buy-out. I hope that means that he essentially says, "I will void my contract if you let me hit the open market"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Stardust Wrote:So does that mean he will go back to the Lakers?

You know, I have no idea how these things work. Before the lock out this happened with ilgauskus in clev. and he came back didnt he? Back a year or three ago? I heard after the lock out though theres some kind of rule in place that prevents players from getting traded, being bought out, and returning to their original team. But i have no idea how it really works. Was hoping someone could enlighten me.
He's going to Heat to get a ring with Lebron
Stardust Wrote:What is a buyout?

This is something that is now an option on expiring veteran contracts.
They pay the remainder of the contract and they get that money added to their salary cap.

Fisher may end up back in LA.
^ I read this morning that he wants to go to a contender. Thunder has interest in him but it's unclear if he has interest in them. Also said he had strong interest in joining the Bulls or Heat
The new rule will allow him to go to any team except..................the Lakers Wink

Smart move by the player association man LOL
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:The new rule will allow him to go to any team except..................the Lakers Wink

Smart move by the player association man LOL

I see....
I was thinking that the Knicks did that to Baron Davis when they acquired him and resigned him.

I guess I was wrong again.
That's twice this year and it's only march!
Derek Fisher will be playing on this years World Champions

[Image: http://whatisthetrend.net/wp-content/upl...i-Heat.jpg]