Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Powell County/Letcher Central Updates
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What has hurt LCC is Powell's defense. They do have a pretty good press and force a lot of turnovers.

I still can't believe thegr81 posted in the prediction thread that Powell had 0 chance of winning this game.
I think some of the people in the 14th region think no one can play basketball in the northern half of the region.

I was thinking the exact same thing but, I couldn't remember who it was that posted that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:What has hurt LCC is Powell's defense. They do have a pretty good press and force a lot of turnovers.

I still can't believe thegr81 posted in the prediction thread that Powell had 0 chance of winning this game.
I think some of the people in the 14th region think no one can play basketball in the northern half of the region.

That has also hurt LCC

If Powell Get's hot, I mean all there players get hot (Marcum from Outside, Dennis, Pelfrey, Conner, etc. etc.) all of them get hot powell could win this Region
Marcum hasn't made 1 3
Powell 54-40
Powell 54-42
Everything is going the Pirates way
Letcher Central has 2 players with 4 fouls Stewart and Johnson
Powell 55-42
4th 6:01

Powell 55-44

Timeout Powell
Looks like this season is over and may be over for Coach Hammonds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]

First of all, Letcher has had problems all year with turnovers. They have no real point guard, that has killed them for 2 years.

Second, the northern half of the region can't play, they beat Letcher tonight, they can't score. Don't get all excited thinking they have a shot at this thing. :lmao:
Powell 57-46
4th 3:09

Powell 59-48
Strikeout King Wrote:Marcum hasn't made 1 3

He's not playing Owsley County tonight. Maroon motivates him. It felt like he hit a 100 against us this year.
Letcher needs some stops really bad.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Stewart has just fouled out for LCC
EKYHoops Wrote:First of all, Letcher has had problems all year with turnovers. They have no real point guard, that has killed them for 2 years.

Second, the northern half of the region can't play, they beat Letcher tonight, they can't score. Don't get all excited thinking they have a shot at this thing. :lmao:
They have a shot tonight looks like. Win and advance.
And the Pirates won it all in 2003.
Powell 63-52
4th 1:01

Powell 64-54
Strikeout King Wrote:Stewart has just fouled out for LCC

The radio broadcast must be on delay. You're posting stuff 2 or 3 minutes before it happens on WSGS.
Posting it as soon as they say it
Strikeout King Wrote:Posting it as soon as they say it
I'm listening to it on WSGS's internet feed. That might have something to do with the delay.
Hammonds has coached his last game on the Cougar sidelines! Hate to see he couldn't get Letcher a title with the teams they have had the last couple of years. Justice leaving did hurt them at the guard spot, but they still had chances.
Gotta agree. Don't forsee them having a shot at a title again for quite a while Sad.