Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott County Central vs. Hazard (14th Region - 1st Round)
Captain Crook Wrote:Cordia fan:zzz:

I'm both.
KCC by 10.
I am going to pick the upset as people are calling it, which after watching the WYMT Tourney, IT'S NOT AN UPSET

Hazard-58
Knott-55
KCC knocked off the Dawgs last year in the first round at Memorial Gym
[YOUTUBE="Big Al gets REVENGE!"]OyJdt6Q2Y-Y[/YOUTUBE]
A lot of people are picking the upset.

When Buckhorn beat Perry is was "Buckhorn shocked the world" but for some reason a lot of people are picking Hazard to beat Knott. Wouldn't this be a bigger upset?

Buckhorn was a top 3 team in region and led by a whole group of seniors and beat a team led by a 8th grade point guard, don't sound like much of an upset to me..

But Hazard is a team of sophomores playing the tournament host team with 2 top 5 players in the region. Plus a few people I know have said this is the worst Hazard team they've ever seen (Not me tho).

So..... Shouldn't it really be... Will Hazard shock the world?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
What night is this game?
it's on Thursday night, first game.
Also, just wondering, but I heard from a very reliable source that a monster of a player will be moving in to Knott County on Monday from Ohio. He is 6'8", 250 lbs, and is a real player. Could he possibly be eligible by Tuesday? Just wondering if something like this could happen that fast. I know the kid from Michigan got eligible pretty quick at Martha Lane Collins a week or so ago. This would give them a shot to really do some damage at Rupp.
EKYHoops Wrote:it's on Thursday night, first game.
Also, just wondering, but I heard from a very reliable source that a monster of a player will be moving in to Knott County on Monday from Ohio. He is 6'8", 250 lbs, and is a real player. Could he possibly be eligible by Tuesday? Just wondering if something like this could happen that fast. I know the kid from Michigan got eligible pretty quick at Martha Lane Collins a week or so ago. This would give them a shot to really do some damage at Rupp.

ah boys...
Knott by 8, 60-52.
EKYHoops Wrote:it's on Thursday night, first game.

No not to KCc the kid was suppose to transfer to PCC but Hacher did not get him to Perry county in time to play Buckhorn....lol
ekff Wrote:A lot of people are picking the upset.

When Buckhorn beat Perry is was "Buckhorn shocked the world" but for some reason a lot of people are picking Hazard to beat Knott. Wouldn't this be a bigger upset?

Buckhorn was a top 3 team in region and led by a whole group of seniors and beat a team led by a 8th grade point guard, don't sound like much of an upset to me..

But Hazard is a team of sophomores playing the tournament host team with 2 top 5 players in the region. Plus a few people I know have said this is the worst Hazard team they've ever seen (Not me tho).

I was saying the same thing when it happened! Buckhorn is a VERY good team. I guess Buckhorn beating Perry Central was such a big deal because of school size perhaps? Other than that, I don't know why it was such a huge deal. I do think that Hazard beating Knott Central would be a bigger upset.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
ekff Wrote:A lot of people are picking the upset.

Knott starts three freshmen and their 6th man off the bench, a freshmen.
2 of their freshmen played for JBS last year which means they were not even close to being prepared for a tourney atmosphere...
Both of these teams are young and thus unpredictable... However, you might be right if Knott gets handed a loss tonight (which I don't think will happen)
it could be a bigger upset than PCC/Buckhorn, but I do not believe as SHOCKING. Mostly, because of Perry Central fans and how the built their team up...
HeGotGame Wrote:Knott starts three freshmen and their 6th man off the bench, a freshmen.
2 of their freshmen played for JBS last year which means they were not even close to being prepared for a tourney atmosphere...
Both of these teams are young and thus unpredictable... However, you might be right if Knott gets handed a loss tonight (which I don't think will happen)
it could be a bigger upset than PCC/Buckhorn, but I do not believe as SHOCKING. Mostly, because of Perry Central fans and how the built their team up...

lol
HeGotGame Wrote:However, you might be right if Knott gets handed a loss tonight it could be a bigger upset than PCC/Buckhorn, but I do not believe as SHOCKING. Mostly, because of Perry Central fans and how the built their team up...

It wasn't just the PCC fans, they were rated in the top 10 in the state all year long weren't they? 8th grade point guard or not, major upset.:ChairHit:
EKYHoops Wrote:It wasn't just the PCC fans, they were rated in the top 10 in the state all year long weren't they? 8th grade point guard or not, major upset.:ChairHit:
It was Perry's fans that caused them to be ranked in the top 7.
They weren't even a mediocre team.
They were horrible.
The fan base fooled other teams into giving up when they played them so they blew a bunch of people out.
Buckhorn simply didn't get fooled.
EKYHoops Wrote:It wasn't just the PCC fans, they were rated in the top 10 in the state all year long weren't they? 8th grade point guard or not, major upset.:ChairHit:

True..