Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott county central 60 - Letcher county central 56 (53rd district championship)
old man Wrote:The players have no heart because he has taken it from them.....imagine being a player and know you can win games, but have to do the coaches game plan(if you can call it that) deviate from it and go set down, then be blamed for the guys mistakes that replaced you...lol!!! Alright I am going to be quiet now, we still have a game to play we aren't completely out of this thing yet, best of luck to the Cougars!! BTW I do agree with your post!!!!
I totally agree with you Old Man. He has also lost all respect from his players. He has no discipline in the program, I as many have witnessed the bad behavior and players talking back to him with no penalties at all. When you don't come to school, miss practices or pass your classes and still play every game eventually all members of the team will lose heart. 3 YEARS IS ENOUGH! This bunch of kids deserve better.
Catcher 78 Wrote:I totally agree with you Old Man. He has also lost all respect from his players. He has no discipline in the program, I as many have witnessed the bad behavior and players talking back to him with no penalties at all. When you don't come to school, miss practices or pass your classes and still play every game eventually all members of the team will lose heart. 3 YEARS IS ENOUGH! This bunch of kids deserve better.

Well said couldnt have said it better!!!!!
Trent Whitaker had a heck of a game to bad it took Coach Hammonds all year to see he should be a starter..But Congrats KCC
Trenton Whitaker is the ONLY player with the exception of Johnson who wants to win. He has heart and you can see that in his play. Hammonds couldn't coach the Miami Heat. Plain and simple. He needs to take a hike.
Very well done KCC!!! I agree with others that LCC has some coaching issues. I have attended sveral games and seen alot of very bad coaching mistakes. The first indicator to me that he lacked leadership was his children directly behind the bench. Now don't get me wrong i love children but what i observed was a huge distraction to the team. The children were crying and screaming right at the players ears. It was enough to make some fans around me scoff and relocate. The kids were out of control really and throwing tantrums. The players on the bench would turn around in disgust and grimace at the outburst. Players in the huddle were unfocused and distracted. I was shocked to see them directly behind the bench once more during the district championship? Every child is a sweet little Angel but there there is no place in the huddle for them. Great win for KCC but LCC has more talent and there are no excuses for the loss from a talent point of view????????
And BTW.. The young warrior from KCC with the knee problems can act all he wants' if thats infact what it is. He is spectacular and plays with ferocity and fire. LCC had no answer for him? In Baketball Acting=good fundamentals does it not? Its one in the same.
Can of Corn Wrote:Wouldn't have a problem with Davis he wouldn't do the same routine every big game. Get hurt. Come back in and be a hero. It's a show. A big put on. I agree. Hammonds flat out cannot coach. A good coach adapts his style to fit his players. Not make the players adapt to his style. $95,000 a year for what?

Ask the Doctor that removed both meniscus's if it's a show!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:Ask the Doctor that removed both meniscus's if it's a show!

I agree. I believe the kid has had 7 knee surgeries in the last year and half. Hard to criticize him for being anxious when it hurts.
football3030 Wrote:Trent Whitaker had a heck of a game to bad it took Coach Hammonds all year to see he should be a starter..But Congrats KCC

Agree, and Trenton quit last season due to issues with the Coach.If you can't get along with Trenton you can't get along with anybody. A great kid who loves basketball!
Can of Corn Wrote:Trenton Whitaker is the ONLY player with the exception of Johnson who wants to win. He has heart and you can see that in his play. Hammonds couldn't coach the Miami Heat. Plain and simple. He needs to take a hike.

I like some of your statements, but I will have to kindly disagree with the part that Trenton and Johnson, are the only ones that want to win, I know that there is more that want to win, Like I said in an earlier post Hammonds has taken their heart.....Trenton, and Logan, just handle it better than most of the other kids do.......that's also part of being a good coach, screaming at one kid may motivate him, screaming at another may cause him to shut down, a good coach knows how to motivate his players, and after three years He should know what motivates all of his players!!! I agree about the heat!!